02

I sat in the passenger seat looking out the front view window for a couple seconds. "So are you gonna tell me your address or..?" He sarcastically asks. I had noticed his seatbelt was off. I would have said something, but I chose against it. I glance over at him. "24 Maple Avenue." I reply. "Isn't that where all the rich houses and people live?" He asks while starting to drive. I shrug.

I've always known I've lived in a pretty big house, but I don't really think of myself as rich. If I was rich I'd be in a luxurious car with an expensive purse instead of being in the passenger seat of a car with a stranger I'd just met because I was getting soaked in the rain and had to walk five blocks. But I'd rather just stay myself then be used for how much money I own, which I've seen happen a lot in my town. 

"So tell me more about yourself, Ren." He says. "I don't even know your name honestly." I remarked. "Luke." He said. "Well Luke, you're still quite the stranger even though I now know your name. Maybe I'll tell you some other day." I expected him to roll his eyes or something, but he grinned. Why did I say another day? I'd probably not even see him again. And why did he grin? A bunch of unanswered questions popped into my head.

He turned up the volume revealing The Scientist by Coldplay to play. I smiled and looked over at him, causing him to smile. I would have told him to look at the road, but we were at a red light and it was nice for him to look right at me. "You like Coldplay?" I ask. He nods. "I'm guessing you do too?" He chuckled. "I don't like them, I love them." I say looking at the front view window and slouching in the seat. He looked down at me for about three seconds more, and went back looking at the street.

He went another way that wasn't the way to my house. Maybe it was a shortcut? Well there was one shortcut to my house but I've already found out about it when my mom would take the way. This wasn't the way to my house. Where was he taking me? I knew I shouldn't have even got into this car and put myself into danger. He's still a stranger, even if he seems nice I'll never know by just looking at him and hearing him talk.

My thoughts are cut off when the car is stopped. It looks like we're at a store. I start to bit my nails. Is he kidnapping me? He looks about a year older then me or the same age, but still. He can probably tell I'm worried because he says, "Don't worry. You'll like this place I'll show you around." I stay in the same spot continuing to bit my nails. "You really think I'd hurt you?" He says. I shrug. He's still considered a stranger, and I wish I hadn't had gone into his car. I could have just walked it had stopped raining anyways.

"Come on," he said. I sigh and walk out of the car. If I am getting kidnapped I'd probably get an even worse punishment if I stayed in the car. He walks into the "store" and I follow him. There are a bunch of albums on the walls and shelves with CD's, books and more. Now I'm confused.

He walks over to a shelf and picks up two albums. He gestures his hand to make me come over and I slowly walk over to where he is as he hands me a album and grins. It was the newest Coldplay album. "Follow me," he says. I sigh and follow him, but I'm secretly hoping he's buying this for me.

He walks over to the cashier and hands her both of the albums. She puts them in a bag and we walk back into his car. He hands me my album before going into his seat. I sat in the passenger seat again and put my seatbelt into the buckle. I had noticed he hadn't put on his seatbelt again and decide to ask him. "Why don't you put on your seatbelt?" I ask. He shrugs and looks down for a second before looking back up at me. "There's no need to." Is all he says before he looks at the road and begins to drive. 

Why did I ask him that? I don't know why he looks so uncomfortable now, but he's looked down several times and he looks.. upset. 

We arrive at my house and he grins at me. "See ya, Ren." He says sounding sure that he will again. "Bye Luke, thanks for driving me and getting me the album." I reply. "No problem." He answers. 

I start to get up out of my seat, but I stop from the sound of Luke speaking. "You live with just your mom right?" He asks. I squint my eyes in confusion and nod. "And that's her car?" I slowly nod again. "Alright, see ya." He says grinning. I walk into my house confused, but glad.