04

I help Luke up and bring Lacey back over to the couch. "So what were you going to do?" He asked. I sigh. "Well I was going to go to sleep, until someone barged into my home." I retort. "Damn, I just asked a question." He chuckled.

The screen door closes and I widen my eyes, so has Luke. Please don't be my mom, please don't me my mom. I quickly look out the window and see it was just the wind. I sigh of relief but worries come to my mind. What if my mom came while he was sitting on the couch? I knew he would be too stubborn to leave now unless there was a radical reason. A thought came to my head to make him come upstairs with me, but we all know where that usually leads to even though I barely knew him. Why am I even thinking about this? 

I'll just make him come to the basement, since there's a door down there and if my mom was to come I could either hide him quickly or if she doesn't she the basement door he can exit. But the thing is I don't know when my mom is coming home. I shrug, causing Luke to look at me weirdly for shrugging at my thoughts. I laugh at myself, confusing him even more.

"Let's go down to the basement," I say. "Why?" He asks straightening his posture. "Porque, es aburrido aqui." I reply. He raises an eyebrow. "Are you drunk..?" He asks. I laugh at his question. Maybe if I scare him more he'll end up leaving. He slouches back in his seat still looking at me with a confused expression. I sigh. I'm starting to confuse myself now.

"Because it's boring up here," I repeat in English. He nods and I get up to go down the stairs as he follows. When we reach the basement, I plop myself on the couch and he does the same. "Hmm, wanna listen to music?" I ask. "Okay," he responds. I go to my phone and turn on shuffle. The song that plays is Homewrecker by Marina & The Diamonds.

He clears his throat. "What do you wanna do?" He asks. "I don't know about you, but I want to dance." I get up and start to basically twirl around as he chuckles, probably thinking I'm acting even more drunk. "Do you want to go get some ice cream or something?" I ask. "Sure," He answer. I walk over to his car as he follows. "I like how you asked me if I wanted to get ice cream with you and I'm the one who has to drive," He jokes. "Well we could walk, but it would take like a half hour." I reply. He quickly gets into his car. "Half hour my ass," he says.

We arrive at the ice cream parlor after about ten minutes. I see Jazzy by the cashier watching one particular customer with a red hoodie on. I walk over to her. "Hi Jazzy," I say. She waves, her direction still in the guy with the red hoodie. "Hey, why don't you go ask him what he wants to order?" I suggest. "Good idea," she says walking over to him with a notepad. I smile and shrug. I sit at stool and Luke sits at one too. 

My phone suddenly rings. I pick it up. "Hello?" I say.

"Serenity?" It's my mom.

"Yes mom?" 

"Where are you? And why is there a random coat in the closet? Did you remember to give Delaney the medicine?"

I widen my eyes. Laney.