Ꮛᑭ 6

❀ ❀ ❀

Yuu- chan isn't here today?

Mika clenches his pencil in between his fingers. I was hoping to talk to him today ... he obviously noticed I came to his school.

"Finally that boy isn't here today ..." Someone whispers anonymously among the students. Mika jolts in his seat, how rude.

"I know, right?"

"Maybe he's so sick he might die ..." Student bickering continuously bickers out around him.

"I hope so, jeez."

The students begin snickering amongst each other, simply whispering about the boy. Mika's eye twitches slightly, the gossip going around was sickening. How could they care so little to where they could say such things about him? The atmosphere of the classroom changed vastly since yesterday. The air was still and heavy, the chat was only about one student, and their conversations would never stray too far from him.

Their discussions only got worse, to the point where Mrs. Lee's antics wouldn't even work anymore. She kept having to pause her instruction to quiet the class down. Did she know what and who they were talking about? If she did, why isn't she saying anything about it? Was she on their side? He felt nauseous.

Mika jumps to his feet, knocking over his seat in the process. The students all quiet as Mika covers his mouth. "Lee-sensei, I feel sick so . . . may I go to the restroom please?" Mika says lowly, trying not to stare back at the 30 other students staring back at him. "Huh, Are you okay Mika? Come back as soon as possible, you've missed a few days before getting here, but don't overwork yourself because of it." Mika quickly picks up his chair in an attempt to leave the classroom before people start talking again.

"Maybe Yuuchiro gave him a virus, that's what we get for letting him into our class." Someone says from behind him.

The teen slowly turns his head back to the person.

How dare they?

With one glare, the student sweatdrops. "Scary ..." They tremble, scooting their chair back slightly.

Mikaela speeds off into the halls. Akane plops her head onto her desk. Have Thier words affected him? . . . They never affected Yuu- kun.

"Hmm? Urd- san, where are you going?" Akane hears the teacher's voice again, "Student council is called at around this time, and I was hoping to check on our new classmate. If that's alright with you, Lee-san. Also, we're not going to be learning anything new today, right?" Mrs. Lee quickly looks down at her watch, "Oh yes, right! I'm sorry, time flies by, huh? . . . We're not learning anything new so . . . I suppose it's okay to cheek Mikaela- kun. He didn't seem well."

"Thank you, Miss." Urd gives her a small smile as he slides the door shut.

--

"Maybe he's so sick he might die ..."

"I hope so, jeez."

How could they say something like that?! Mika shakes his head, splashing more water on his face. Mika was happy when Yuu screamed at the mere sight of Mika. He wouldn't stop smiling the entire day. They were finally reunited, well . . . sorta. It was nearly impossible to talk to him that day, and he ran off somewhere after school. And when he was finally willing to talk to him during lunch, he wasn't anywhere to be found.

What's going on, Yuu- chan?

"Hey." Mika hears a loud voice bounce off the walls. From the mirror, he could see the teen clearly. Student council president, Urd Geales. Shinning blond hair, with a complexion that screamed, 'I'm too formal to talk about anything besides work.' For some reason, it pissed him off.

"May I help you, Senpai?"

"Ah . . . No need to be so formal. I'm not even any older than you so calling me "senpai" is a little awkward in itself. I was on my way to a meeting and the teacher suggested I lend you a hand."

Urd finally enters the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind himself. Mika turns to face him, clearly, this guy has something to say. "Well then, aren't you a first year? How are you student president anyway?"

"I'm surprised you knew. But, out of all people ..." Urd's hand slams against the sink Mika had his back leaned on, "I would've never fuckin' thought you'd be here, Mikeala Hyuaka."

The sudden rings in his ear. 

He seemed much too angry to just see him as a classmate, but outside of school was pretty much out of the question. "You--"

"You don't worry about it! Of course, I was only hear to check on you ..." He says with a tiny smile on his lips. "But from now on ..." Urd closes in on Mika's personal space, his face leaned just above his. "You can read the atmosphere, can't you?" The intensity of the room rises. Leaning in, Urd gently presses a hand on Mika's shoulder, clutching it tightly. "Don't speak to Yuuchiro."

An ocean of blue looking as equally large land of magma. This fire would clearly win. But, Urd glares right back at the boy, his gaze equally as intense. 

❀ ❀ ❀

Words: 874