Stray Kids: Minsung/Angel and Devil (first half)

~Devil x Angel au~
~Lee Minho x Han Jisung~

"This is the third time in the week..." Jisung grunted, not understanding why he need to be in charge of this meaningless job.

Basically, children, mostly little boys, are kidnapped, then return to their homes the next day, but wearing clothes of the opposite gender. Jisung didn't see why people have to fuss over such things - it's obviously just a stupid joke from whoever it was, but the Head Angel told him to guard the village anyways. Initially, his job is to find the child whenever he or she is kidnapped, but it happens so frequently that the Head Angel said he might as well just live in the village until he find the culprit.

But his arrival didn't help anything at all, so he was quite convinced that it has to be some kind of non-human, who is able to escape his watch (not that it's a very difficult task, but still).

One good thing is that living with humans is way more interesting than with his fellow angels - Jeongin is always rejecting his love, Changbin and Felix is always ignoring all the others including him, and that Head Angel Chan doesn't really have enough time to spend with him, so basically he had nothing to do. While the humans are always giving him enough attention and delicious food, although it's definitely not fun to have young kids attempting to pull his feathers off his wings. Still, life with humans (in this village at least) are not too bad.

And as he predicted, the next day, the kidnapped child is being returned.

"So, kid, do you remember anything?" Jisung decided to ask the 4-year-old child about her kidnapper while checking if she's alright. At least there's no visible injuries, and she didn't look like she's in shock, either.

"Yes! There's a handsome oppa about the same age as Jisung oppa! And he also got wings like Jisung oppa too!" The girl squealed excitedly.

"What? So he's also an angel?" Jisung questioned. Seems like the girl didn't have any internal injuries either, and obviously she's her energetic self, and no signs that the man she mentioned did anything inappropriate to her (that is, except changing her clothes).

"I don't know?" She tilted her head, "His wings are black."

"I see," Jisung ruffled her hair, "Thanks!"

The scope was narrowed down, thanks to the last line she mentioned. The kidnapper was either a vampire or a devil, but Jisung didn't think a vampire would let the children go unhurt.

But then, devils aren't supposed to be harmless...

"Sweet angel, what are you thinking about?"

Jisung screeched at the sudden talking and how the intruder is messing with his feathers. He snapped his head towards the direction - the tree branch on top of him.

The intruder's devilish tail was clutching firmly on the tree, and he's basically hanging on the branch while he himself was playing with the Jisung's feathers. But, as a devil, his moves were surprisingly gentle.

"Who are you?"

"Perhaps the one you've been looking for?" The devil grinned, "You have soft feathers."

"Every angel has soft feathers," Jisung responded, "So you are the kidnapper?"

"I am pretty sure yours is softer," The devil retorted, "I've touched another one's before. And I am not a kidnapper - I am just borrowing the kids for some jokes."

"So it's you!" Jisung exclaimed, deciding to ignore the devil's comment about his feathers, "Do you know how much trouble you brought? People are fussing over these 'jokes' and I had to do all the guarding, checking-ups, as well as finding you out!"

"I would say you did a pretty bad job in the first one," The devil pointed out, "Plus, it's not my fault that humans are so sensitive."

"I agree with the second statement, to be honest," Jisung sighed. "But that's not your excuse for kidnapping children!"

"I didn't kidnap them," He repeated, "Did I ask for anything in return? No."

Well, damn, he's right, Jisung thought, but admitting his mistake was not part of his plan.

"You are cute," The devil giggled, "How about you stay with me and I will not do that again?"

"Wha--No way! Angels and Devils aren't supposed to stay together!" Jisung stared at the weird devil and flapped his wings - something that they all do when they are frustrated.

"I guess I will keep doing it then," The devil shrugged, "Just in case if you changed your mind, call me. My name's Minho."

"Oh, don't you worry. I will stop you and I won't change my mind." Jisung replied. Minho just smiled and disappeared.

Jisung decided to report to Chan about Minho.

"That's it?" Chan raised his brow, "He just wanted to mess a bit with the humans?"

"That's what he said, but we can't completely trust a devil, can we?" Jisung asked.

"You're right. Stay there until the we resolved the issue, alright?" Chan patted his head, "Oh, and if you really wanted to stay with him, feel free, just remember to come back for visits!"

"No, Chan hyung, I wIll not stay with him."

"Who knows about the future? If you do stay with him, remember to tell me!"

"CHAN HYUNG!"

And so, Jisung returned to the village, only to see another black-winged boy staring at a house.

"Hey, you there, what are you doing?"

"...You called me?" The devil stared back at Jisung, and oh boy, the devil is probably the most handsome creature Jisung had ever seen.

"Yes, you, what are you doing?"

"Our King told me to get back Minho hyung. He said that boy was messing with humans are nearly hooked up with an angel," The handsome devil answered, "Is that angel you?"

"What? How am I supposed to know?"

"Seems like it," The devil shrugged, "Anyways, I think you are guarding this village. If you see Minho hyung again, tell him King is expecting him to return home."

"Will do," Jisung nodded.