Stray Kids: Lee Felix/Save Me, Save You (2)

"Chan hyung, you can talk now." Felix faced the top assistant of the king of Heaven. His white wings were glowing, so much that Felix's hatred grew.

"If you are so afraid, you shouldn't have stayed here." Chan smirked, "Actually, you shouldn't have run away for fun in the first place. In that way, you wouldn't have seen that filthy demon, you wouldn't have seen him doing so-called good deeds to think he deserve our recognition, you wouldn't have defended him, and you wouldn't have become Fallen."

"The only filthy creature I've seen is my own kind. I can't believe you all have such narrow minds, stereotyping all demons, and killing humans who knew about us." Felix snapped, "I respected you, hyung, but now you're probably the second being I distaste most right now."

"You really think that demon is good just because he did one single good thing?" Chan snorted, "The child was crying, Lix. Who knows if it's really the demon who saved him? Are you so certain that it's not the demon who hurt the child?"

"Don't call me Lix. And I am absolutely positive." Felix insisted. "Don't talk if you don't have the ability to tell if one is lying. I knew Changbin was telling the truth."

"Changbin, huh? You are too corrupted to be saved, Lix, being so intimate with a demon. Don't you know they can easily deceived junior angels like you?" Ignoring Felix's death glare, Chan continued, "Your actions affect so many. Yourself, members of the Heaven, and now that little girl. Speaking of the devil, she's almost back. So I might as well do you one favour and leave now."

Chan vanished, and Felix rushed out to see you are indeed at the door.

"Can't wait for your chocolate, huh?" You giggled, not sensing Felix's dark emotions.

"Yeah," Felix fought a smile, not letting you know what happened.

--------------------  

"Class, we have a transfer student from Australia today," The teacher announced to the class. Everyone glanced at the door curiously, and a boy with silverish-blue curly hair entered. "Please introduce yourself."

"My name is Bang Chan, nice to meet you." Chan greeted everyone, and you heard whispers like "He's pale", "He's pretty attractive" or "His Australian accent is so gorgeous", but only three things concerned you.

One, Felix, sitting on the floor beside you, was visually tensing. Two, Changbin immediately shot glances to Felix and you. Three, you swear to God, Chan was staring at you.

You looked to the seat next to you. It's vacant.

"So..." The teacher eyed the whole room, and as expected, "There's an empty seat next to Anushka. You may sit there."

You are certain that a soft "fuck" came from Felix when Chan started to walk towards his assigned seat, and you met eyes with Changbin. You can almost read "be careful" from his eyes.

"Nice to meet you," Chan smiled at you, but you felt a little uneasy. Perhaps Felix and Changbin's reaction affected you.

"Nice to meet you too?" You cautiously replied. "I think you already knew my name just now. And I don't really like to talk to others, so please just ignore me."

Then why are you able to talk to Felix?

His voice rang in your head and you used all your willpower not to gasp out loud. He was eyeing you, and you find his eyes unreadable. 

"We will talk later." You mouthed. "With Felix and Changbin."

--------------------    

"We are talking at the rooftop." You said to Chan, softly but demanding. He just shrugged, "Sure."

"Felix, please wait at the rooftop," You whispered to him. He nodded and flew off, so you called to Changbin. "Changbin? We need to talk at the rooftop."

Almost as if he knew what you were talking about, he nodded and pulled Chan. You followed them.

"So you are the one who chased off Felix?" You asked Chan. Chan didn't respond. Instead, he turned to Felix, "Lix, explain yourself."

"You bastard," Felix growled, and for the first time you feel that he was actually scary. However, instantly he turned to you, softening his tone a lot, "Sorry, please don't freak out and stay calm. I don't want to be the one who hurt you accidentally."

"I was an angel. But life on Heaven is bored, so I decided to travel a bit in the human world one day," Felix began, "And incidentally, I saw Changbin - a demon, actually - together with a little kid."

"The kid was crying really hard, and I saw how Changbin immediately shivered when he saw me. After all, demons and angels are of opposite force. And especially when he was together with a human child. And of course, at that time, I still believed that all demons must be evil, so I asked him what he's doing."

Changbin looked down as if he was guilty, as Felix continued, "Turns out that the child saw a malevolent spirit and freaked out, and Changbin was just comforting him."

"I thought he wouldn't believe me," Changbin said quietly, "But Felix did. He told me that he's capable of seeing through if one is telling the truth or not."

"Exacatly," Felix nodded, then glared at Chan, "But this bastard didn't. He knew I talked to a demon, and reported to his oh-so-precious boss. They demand an explanation from me, which I did. But of course, they didn't believe me, because they don't fucking know how to define truth and lies and are too stuck with their belief that all demons are evil, and I knew very well that it's not the case from what I witnessed."

"So you became...Fallen?" You asked. He nodded bitterly. That's when Chan spoke.

"Rules are rules. You broke three. One, running away from Heaven. Two, being friendly with our enemy. Three," He turned his gaze to me, "Being too close with a human being."

"Rules aren't always reasonable." You did my best not to avert your gaze from him and keep your tone calm, "You can't expect unreasonable rules to be always followed. Even courts knew when to judge if a criminal deserve chances or not. Felix don't deserve to be classified as Fallen!"

"So naive," He snickered, "Heaven does not work the same as you humans. And you should be glad that he is Fallen. Judgement Day is near, and you will be freed from him soon. If you say anything further, I won't hesitate to push you off right now."

You opened my mouth, but Changbin stopped you.

"I will never forgive you." Felix's voice was trembling.

--------------------    

You returned home in silence.

"Hey, Felix," You addressed him as soon as we arrived, "What's Judgement Day?"

He hesitated.

"It's...when Fallen Angels were thrown into a fire pit. I don't know why it's called Judgement. There's none. We just straight up receive the most terrible punishment."

You gaped in horror. "Then - does that - does that mean you will die? I don't want you to die."

"Why?" Felix almost sounded hopeless, "I was occupying your space and time after all, and I nearly made Chan killed you. Why would you still care?"

"Look, I don't know where you got that absurd idea from, but there's no way I would desert you." you cupped his cheeks to forced him look at you, "Although you just stayed here for two days, I already know you are the greatest person - or creature - I've seen. You didn't bother me at all when I asked you not to. You are open-minded to accept the fact that not all demons are evil, and I believe that too, when Changbin just saved me from Chan. You are not afraid of standing up against power. And one more thing," You paused, "You love snacks like a little kid. There's no way you are bad if you love snacks."

"Changbin was right. Humans became attached too easily..." He sighed, pulling off your hands, "I am sorry to make you involve in all this mess."

"It's okay, I just..." You exhaled, "I just want you to live as you deserved."

"Don't worry," He pulled you into a hug, "I won't die. I will just resurrect as a demon, I think."

"But I promise I won't let Bang Chan hurt you one single bit."