Chapter 9 - Something

[ Elsa ]

"Ah, Jack leading in the school play. Uncanny!" Hiccup smirked as we walked over to their- er, our spot in the cafe.

"It's not so bad once you think about it" Punzie said, placing her food tray down on the table. I sat down beside my cousin and Astrid took the spot beside me. Hiccup and Jack sat down on the other side of the round table. "As soon as I spotted them in my 'hunting hands', I knew they have to be the lead!" Punzie chirped.

"Romeo and Juliet huh" Astrid smirked and folded her arms over her chest. "Not bad, Punzie. I can actually picture it happening" she added. "Jack and Elsa in a balcony, K-I-S-S-I-N-G" she sang teasingly.

I unintentionally dropped the mashed potato I had scooped on my spoon. I blushed madly at the thought of us...kissing. Is that even physically possible?! It made my mouth squirm. It's not like we're going to kiss! It's just a play! Drastic acting isn't very necessary, right? I'm sure underneath Jack's mediocre mannerism is enough chivalry if I refuse to do it. Oh, what am I thinking? He doesn't want to kiss me! And the feeling is just mutual. Besides, I don't think Ms. Oceania will actually let that much connection on stage. It is weird, awkward and everything else related to those words.

"Hey, umm Astrid?" Jack, who is opposite Astrid, lowered his head to look at her from that angle. "Uh, I'm here - actually, we're both here" he gestured over to me, "So yeah, we can hear everything you're saying" he pointed out sarcastically.

"Oh who cares! You two are gonna be hugging and smooching!" she exclaimed sassily.

"Umm, that's not gonna happen." I muttered.

"Who knows" Astrid shrugged, placing gravy all over her chicken.

"What do you mean?"

"There's never been a romantic play before." Hiccup answered for her. I looked at him, baffled. "A comedy is always presented, we're not sure if the teachers will actually let you guys show Romeo and Juliet for real with kissing involved" Hiccup explained.

"Uh huh, what if there has to be at least one?" Astrid smirked, raising her index finger. This whole situation is making me coy. If there is going to be kissing, I would quit the role. I'm not going to go that far just to get a high grade on English.

"There will be no kissing!" Jack cut in, "Allowed or not- to Elsa and for the show" he added.

"If you say so Jacky boy" Astrid laughed softly.

"I'm pretty sure Ms. Oceania isn't going to allow such gesture especially if there's absolutely nothing going on between you two." she looked at Jack and I. "Maybe she's just gonna let your faces be close to one another to make it look like you're kissing...that is if we get chosen for the Event presentation." Punzie looked through her veggies, biting her lip.

"What are you talking about? Of course you guys will win over the other group!" Astrid assured Punzie, smiling at her brightly. "Besides, Jenna sucks" she added with that sassy tone of hers.

I giggled softly. "Thanks Astrid" Punzie smiled at her.

After that conversation, we ate our meal in silence. I checked my watch, it's only 11:30; 40 minutes left for break and two more 1 hour long classes to go. I ate my food peacefully with my left hand as my right arm is basically useless at the moment.

Earlier, when Hiccup and Astrid saw my bandaged arm, they gasped in shock. I told them the same story I told Punzie and surprisingly, it wasn't much of a shock to them anymore. Of course, they still felt bad over me being wounded and wanted to take a closer watch on me from now on, but the reason for it is treated with great abhor. They were also flabbergasted when they found out that Jack's the one helping me out. They almost didn't believe it until they noticed my backpack on his shoulder. See? Everyone is just as shocked as I am...was.