Part 1

Briar POV

I am sitting in a chair in my living room scrolling through my messages. I am a dancer and I have just been to Internationals with my dance troupe, and we won, ever since I have been getting countless notifications from fans. It is really sweet of them, but it really annoys me some times. Don't get me wrong, I love dancing more than anything. Well, I love my boyfriend more but you get the point. 

I live with my father and my sister, in the country. I love it here. Its so pretty and peaceful. I haven't got many friends though, which makes it a little lonely at times. I have got my boyfriend, Elliot, with me most of the time though. Like right now, Elliot, dad and I are all sitting in the living room ... in silence.

My dad is reading a newspaper, acting as if Elliot and I weren't here with him. He has been this way ever since mum passed away last year. She was murdered by, who knows who?

"Bri, are you okay?" My boyfriend, Elliot asks me.

"Never better." I reply with a smile.

Elliot and I have been together for 1 year. Since I was fourteen years old, in fact. Elliot is now sixteen and I am fifteen. Elliot lives in the farm down the road from us. Elliot doesn't get on well with my father. Let me re-word that, my father doesn't get on with Elliot, he hates him. I try really hard to get them to connect but it just doesn't work. Its really frustrating for me. I just want the two most important men in my life to get along. But I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

"Elliot get me a drink." My dad orders.

"Dad, don't be so rude." I tell him.

"I will talk to him however I like." He says.

"No you won't. Elliot is always polite to you, I expect you to be the same." I say, honestly it feels like I am the parent in this relationship.

"Huh." My dad sighs and goes back to reading his newspaper.

I get up and walk out to the kitchen where Elliot is making coffee. I come up behind him and wrap my arms around him and wrest my head on his back. I let out a sigh and close my eyes.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Elliot asks me again.

"You worry to much. I'm just tired." I tell him.

"Well, I'm allowed to worry." Elliot says.

"I know." I reply.

"I better go give this coffee to your dad then." Elliot says, turning around.

"Ugh, sorry about him. He's just stubborn." I apologise.

"He just wants to protect his daughter." Elliot says.

"Yeah, but he needs to know that I am perfectly fine with you." I explain.

"It'll take time, just give him another chance." He says.

"You're so patient. If I was you I would've given up by now." I say.

"That's because you're impatient." Elliot tells me.

"Haha." I laugh.

We walk out to the living room and all sit in silence drinking our coffee. It isn't a comfortable silence either, this is awkward. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad, but sometimes I wish he would change.