Ⅰ.Serendipity

✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣

1.Serendipity

The town car speeds down London, about twenty minutes away from King's Cross station.

"You can get my room."

"You can get my room and have a library expansion.!"

"Chocolate chip strawberry cheesecake ice cream and a 2 am curfew."

"Okay, that's the closest to heaven I can get without becoming a god herself. If that doesn't bribe you to not leave me, I don't know what will."

Aurelia Vitale sighs, clearly defeated at the unchanged expression on my face.

"We have been planning this since last year. I am literally twenty minutes away from the train." I try to knock some sense into the older woman.

Aurelia Vitale did not look old, though. If I had a galleon for each time my mom and I were mistaken for sisters, I could buy myself a private concert of The Weird Sisters.

She resorts to her last defense: the puppy dog eyes. The driver chuckles from behind the wheel.

"You would rather leave your old sweet mother for some hormone-filled, overexcited teenagers who will fill your pillows with whipped cream."

I raise my eyebrows. "You filled my pillows with custard!"

She snorts, completely losing the puppy eyes. "You loved it. Admit it."

"Seriously though, why the sudden attachment? You said you jumped whenever you got to, and I quote, 'escape to Hogwarts,'" I point out.

She sits forward quickly, mustering the most shocked expression her face was capable of portraying. The sun made her blue eyes sparkle, and it brought out the specks of gold in her brown hair.

"Are you comparing me to the most amazing mother in history to your grandparents? Your grandparents, who are the most insufferable shi-"

"MOTHER!" Words weren't enough to describe the Aristides, but she really needed to hold her tongue.

She lets out a whine and leans back in her seat.

"For sixteen years, I have been hearing about the legendary Aurelia Vitale's chronicles at Hogwarts, but you won't even let your own daughter live those adventures. Selfish much!" I try to reason. It was my turn to act fake hurt.

The pranks and parties my mom had at Hogwarts were things I had dreamt about doing. Even though the wildness and craziness of them made them too unbelievable.

"You're too much of a goody-two-shoes to have any fun!" She says mockingly, bringing out her tongue.

She was really going to miss me. The feeling was mutual. I lay a hand on her shoulder.