Chapter 17: The setup

John's Pov
                       One year earlier

I had just joined the Italian mafia. I needed to support my family and my homie Lorenzo said he had connections to the mafia. "Boss wants to meet you," Lorenzo said. "Are you sure he's not going to kill me. I have too much to lose. How do you even know him," I asked feeling nervous.
"We are childhood friends. He won't kill you, unless you give him a reason too. Just go to his office already, he hates tardiness," he said. I went to the office door and knocked.

"Enter," I heard through the door. "So your the new member, what can you offer to the company," he said standing up. I was nervous and didn't want to mess anything up. I really want to live, and support my family, I thought to myself. "I can help wherever you need. I have a master's degree in buisness. I can help with anything you need," I said feeling nervous. "What can you offer me," he asked? In my mind, I thought I just told him but I do have one thing. I grabbed my wallet, out of my pocket, and took a picture out of it. I placed the photo on the table and said, "I can offer her."

I gave him a photo of Cassie. I love her so much. I didn't want to pull this card. After Lorenzo told me about, Chad's ex, and how he thinks Chad needed someone new, I thought of her. "Who is she and what can she do," he asked? "Aside from being beautiful she is loyal. She has only been with one guy. She is also a nurse and my sisters best friend," I said hoping he would take the bait. He placed the photo in his pocket and told me I can leave. He said Lorenzo would tell me my position. I thanked him and left.

Present day-

I was at the the resort Cassie and Chad were on, for their honeymoon. I feel bad for putting Cassie in this situation. He beats her and all of us know, yet none of us do anything about it. Chad thinks I am his friend. In all reality, after he won my Cassie, I hated him. I am glad I told him to act like we don't know each other in front of her.
We were told it was time for the meeting and to meet at the lobby. We ended up doing our meeting while eating breakfast. When I saw Cassie, enter the breakfast bar area, and sit next me, I became happy. "Hi Cassie, you are as beautiful as always," I said to her. Chad told her to switch him seats, after I said that. He must have been pissed. He then asked me to speak with him in private. I got up and followed him.

"Stop fucking talking to my wife," he said. "Sorry boss I was just complementing her. Won't happen again boss," he looked at me and walked away. I followed behind and we both were quiet after that. Everyone gathered around the table.

The meeting started and we were going to take down the Baudelaire's. They were growing to big and fast and Chad felt threatened. After the honeymoom, we were to move in and take all of their buisnesses. Cassie looked zoned at everytime I looked at her. I decided to make my own plan.

When I got back to my room after the meeting I decided I would take Cassie and Christian away from Chad. It was going to be hard but he will never aspect me. The plan to take down the Baudelaire's was the perfect time to execute my plan. I would strike after our gang takes down the Baudelaire's warehouse. He would think they are retaliating and I would have my girl. I can imagine her happy and us having a few kids of our own.

I loved Cassie since we met when I was 13. She and my sister were 10, they were inseparable. She was stunning then too. I would always flirt with her and she would flirt back. She met a guy and they began dating and I knew I needed to somehow get him out of her life. After them being together for five years Chad finally breaks them up. He did something I been trying to do in five years, in one-day.  I can't wait to be her superman.

Me and Lorenzo board the plane and left a week before my Cassie would return. I had bought a house a state over and paid for it in cash and used a fake name to do so. I didn't want Chad to ever find her once I take her away. I will treat her and hee son right. I am nothing like Chad and I can't wait to show her what true love can be.