Untitled Part 12

Chapter 12: The Extraordinary A-rank Adventurers as Examiners1

I thought I fell asleep, but it's already morning. I seem to have slept quite deeply.

Even though I fought so many enemies yesterday, I don't feel muscle pain anywhere in my body. Because my body feels refreshed, did Dy clean me up with magic?

So that guy has a nice side of him.

[Dy?]

I tried calling him but there's no reply. He said before that he'll be asleep during mornings, and that he'll only be watching from inside so I guess he's not coming out.

I thought about backing out, but offending an A-rank party seems to be too conspicuous. It will be annoying if he thinks that I ran away after cutting him off while being sarcastic.

In the morning was white wolf stew, black bread, salad. The white wolf meat is majorly purchased at a cheap price and appears quite often on the tables. Since it doesn't taste bad, adventurers like to eat it, was what I heard from Poppy.

I leave the inn early and await in front of the guild. A lot of adventurers are coming in and out so early in the morning. There are some who glances my way from time to time but since they're busy looking for a good request with a good commission, they're unable to talk to me.

[That guy, isn't he Aleph's new favorite?]

[Could he perhaps be waiting for Aleph?]

[Seriously? He's being chased again, and by such a cutie. I'm so jealous!]

They're not talking to me but they're talking about me. I want to correct that I'm the one being chased, but I endured.

[Rei! We made you wait.]

Aleph appeared while being basked under the morning sun. Even a refreshing smile has turned bright because of Aleph. His white teeth gleamed as light reflects on it.

Next to Aleph is Ciel, his gaudy blond hair illuminated by the sun looks like an angel's halo.

His expression is stern and his eyebrows sometimes form into a frown. When he found me, his face hardened even more. (TN: I can feel the dislike from this one.)

[Oh, so you've come without running away.]

[It's because there's no need to run.]

Sparks scattered around when our eyes met. Aleph seemed to not mind us as he said 'Please take care of me'.

*Ciel and I also followed suit. We leave the city gate and head outside.

[Now then, please show us how you defeat goblins with magic at the meadows. I will observe how you fight. I will assist you if it gets too dangerous, but please fight as if you're alone.]

[I got it.]

I'll quickly finish getting in the way of other adventurers, save enough money and move to a city where Aleph and Ciel are not present.

After making my decision, we moved away from the road and headed to the place where the location of the monsters is.

Feeling the flow of the wind with Wind magic and then grasping the space with Dark magic, I was able to tell where the monster is at.

As we get closer, the moment it's in sight, I greeted it with a fireball.

[Gugeeh!]

The goblin made a pitiful and rolled on the ground once. After confirming its death by the sizzling sound and its burnt smell, I went near it to cut the ears as subjugation parts. (TN: Loot in other words.)