|Chapter 3|

A new day meant more time rushing and running around.

That day, Oikawa felt like he didn't even do his job correctly. He was in such a rush to get his work done, that he felt incompetent. Thus he grabbed some paper sheets full of calculations and notes written in an incomprehensive way and stuffed them in his briefcase, promising himself to do his work correctly after dinner, when his son would be too tired to distract him.

The man rubbed his temples and sighed, while getting up and grabbing his stuff. He was really tired. His eyes were red and he struggled to keep them open. His mouth was dry due to dehydration, he was hungry and his legs ached. His back felt like someone had been punching it all day long and he knew that, when he would look into a mirror, he would find a different man from his high school days.

In high school, Oikawa was really cheerful and always kept a wide smile on his face. His skin was almost perfect, with just a pimple here and there. His brown eyes were always glowing and his brown curls were well taken care of. His lips were charming thanks to their redness and his physique was quite good as well, for he exercised regularly and ate healthily. That Oikawa Tōru was amazing and had time and the energy to do everything he wanted, being it flirt with some girls or annoy his best friend.

Now, Oikawa Tōru didn't have time to do anything of that and he wasn't even sure that, if he'd flirt with some women, they would flirt back. Every morning, when he looked at himself in the mirror, he didn't know how to feel. Most of the time, his eyes were red and huge dark circles surrounded them. His lips were chapped since he didn't have time to take care of them and his skin was growing old, with new wrinkles showing up every day. His hair was probably the only thing that still was okay, but obviously not as good as before. The man didn't exercise enough and would skip meals or just eat a small amount of food, making his body weak and his skin tone very pale. He was in a horrible state, in his eyes.

The brunet never knew what to think about this change in his appearance. He was disappointed in himself for not being able to take care of himself. He was sad, angry and insecure. However, every time he thought of the reason he was like that, he'd smile just a little bit. He was doing all of it for his precious son, who was a beautiful and healthy kid full of energy. Shōyō was his ball of sunshine.

But he couldn't stop wondering if he was doing a good or bad job at parenting.

-:-:-

"Hello, Shō-chan!" The brunet smiled widely at the moment his son opened the car's door.

"Hello," The kid answered, not looking at his father's face.

Oikawa knew why the toddler was acting that way. He was still sad about what had happened the day before.

"Do you want to talk about your day?" The father tried to make light conversation, raising his eyebrows and starting the engine.

Despite his try, Shōyō shook his head and glanced out of the window.

It was going to be another silent ride home.

They got home in less than fifteen minutes for there wasn't any traffic and the only times they stopped were when there were red lights. They both got out of the car, each one of them carrying their stuff. Then they walked to their apartment.

The child had refused to hold his father's hand, so the man just walked behind him to be sure nothing happened to him.

Just before they entered the apartment, Shōyō said, "I want to eat cookies."

"You can't, I'm going to start making dinner soon," Oikawa answered, taking his keys out to open the door.

"But I want to eat them." He kicked the air, crossing his arms over his chest.