Us

The wave was over, it felt so long and dreadful. I went to the kitchen and had some coffee, hopefully waking me up.
[RING]
The doorbell buzzed, I went and answered it.
"Hey Luka, are you feeling okay?"
"Yeah, it's over now." I hugged Kyle and let him in the door. We went up to my room and we talked nonsense for about half an hour.
"I have a question." I asked seriously.
"Sure, What is it?"
"Do you consider us together? Like, in a relationship?"
"I guess we can be..." He smiled widely, taking my hand, "Since, well, we've already said 'I love you'." He kissed my forehead. I wondered if it happened too fast, but it didn't really matter. We were always there for each other since we were kids.
We heard a yell from downstairs, and we immediately ran downstairs.
"What's going on?" I asked, walking into the living room. Both me and Kyle stopped abruptly from what we saw.
"Let go Kieth!" Kieth had Kassy against the wall. He held one of her wrists above her head.
"Why would I?" He said in a flirting tone. Kassy tried to release his grip from her hand.
"What the heck Kieth?" Kyle said. But Kieth shot him a look.
"I took too long to realize that you were my very own mate." Kieth said, Kassy looked shocked.
"Is this a werewolf thing?!" Kassy asked.
"What? Kieth being flirty or the mate thing?" I giggled.
"Both!"
Kieth was in a good mood for the rest of the day. Kassy was still getting used to his sudden actions. I knew that Kieth would find his mate eventually, human or not.

~two days later

   Kassy has warmed up to Kieth, it was sweet to see them together. Kyle was on the phone in the dining room, probably his parents. I remembered the waves of pain, would Kassy have to go through that? I suddenly felt worried for her. I didn't want her to feel the same pain I had.
"Hey, Luka?" Kyle ended the call and walked into the family room.
"Yeah, what's up?" I paused the show I was watching on Netflix.
"I have a registration to a nice restaurant... I was hoping you would want to come."
"Absolutely!" I got off the sofa and went over to hug him, "At what time?"
"It's at dinner." He pulled me off my feet with ease, my eyes level with his now. I kissed his cheek, teasing him.
   Tommy and Aleah were making a lot of noise upstairs, so I went up and checked. It turned out they were rough housing in the bonus room... in werewolf form.
"Is this allowed?" I gave them a look.
"Uh... totally." Tommy said, shifting back.
"No it's not!" Aleah shoved his arm. Aleah was a year older than Tommy yet she seemed so much younger. I sat down on the ground beside Aleah.
"Do you like the classic old tag?" I asked them.
"Oh come on we are not babies, don't treat us like that." Tommy crossed his arms.
"Then don't act like it.... TAG!" I touched Tommy's arm and ran downstairs and jumped off the deck. Tommy came down the stairs, chasing Aleah. But she was too fast and juked him out, causing him to fall over. He got back up and went out to the front yard. I heard him yell tag in the distance, I knew if I would sit here in the bush beside the back deck, one of them would find me eventually.
   Around the reservation time, I decided to go get ready. I put on a simple blush colored shirt and white jean shorts. Kyle entered the bathroom while I was brushing my hair again after the game of tag.
"You look nice." I stated as I wrapped the hair elastic around my messy bun. He was wearing a blue polo and some long shorts.
"You too." We headed off to the restaurant, which just so happened to be my favorite.
   We ate and had a small dessert. Kyle took the paycheck from me and slid his debit card in. The waiter came and took it.
"Sam?" I asked as the waiter was turning to walk away.
"Pardon?" He looked so confused. He didn't look like Sam either.
"Oh, I'm sorry." I lowered my head and he walked off.
"Still happens?" Kyle asked.
"Yeah, it's not that bad though. I just need to get used to it." I shrugged it off. It wasn't as extreme as it was when I left the hair salon. But my eyes were still red.

~later

   The sun was starting to set, me and Kyle watched the scene out on the back deck. It was calming. The mist blowing lightly over the treetops. I placed my hand over Kyle's. I didn't want to stop watching the sun set, but as darkness painted the sky, it started to rain. We went inside and up to Kyle's room. I opened the blinds of the window so I could see the bright moon.
"It's always so beautiful." I said, staring out the window. Kyle approached me and hugged me around the waist.
"So are you." He whispered to my ear. I turned to face him, then we fell asleep

~dawn

   I woke up early and headed to the gallery. I desperately needed to work there. I unlocked the glass doors and turned the lights on. The flowers still fresh. I was surprised none were too droopy, but that was definitely not something to complain about.

*Kyle's POV*

I was so exhausted, I didn't want to even lift my arm to turn the light switch on. After some time later, I decided to drag my self out of bed and have breakfast.
"Good morning." Tommy said nudging Aleah's arm.
"What time is it?" I asked him rubbing my eyes.
"Check the clock yourself." Aleah said. I walked heavily over to the clock, it read 12:56 PM. How did I even manage to sleep in that long?
I got dressed in a t-shirt and jeans then headed off to the gallery. Luka was probably already working. Sure enough, when I drove into the parking space, I could see Luka checking a price tag on one of the flower vases.
"Oh, you're here. Did you sleep in?"
"Yeah, I just got up fifteen minutes ago and drove here." I laughed.