Chapter 20

A/N: Make sure to read the notes at the end of the chapter! 

  Killian was startled awake to the sound of screams. He sat up in bed and looked to his right at Kassidy flailing her arms and legs and tangling herself in the blanket as she cried. This was not an unusual thing as of late. Kassidy had woken him up many nights this way. Killian held her delicate wrists in his large hand to keep her from swinging, he'd made that mistake and still had the shiner to prove it.
"Kassi love wake up." He said shaking her gently.
"You can't take him!" She screamed.
"Kassi!" Killian shouted. Kassidys eyes shot open, her eyes were bright orange and almost glowed in the darkness of the room. Her hands became warm and Killian could feel the heat as he held her wrists.
"You were dreaming, you are awake now." He said softly trying to calm her down.
Please don't shoot fireballs at me. He begged her mentally.
Kassidy's eyes slowly went back to their cool gray color as she started to relax. Killian let go of her wrists and brushed his thumb over her tear stained cheek while she whimpered.
"Its okay love." He said. Kassidy flicked her wrists and the lights in the room came on. She reached down for her belly and sighed in relief as she felt the large bump.
"They were taking him." She mumbled. "There was purple smoke and I couldn't find you and I was somewhere else and they took him. They took him away from me!" She sobbed.
"Who is they?" Killian asked.
"My father and the queen." Kassidy replied trembling in his arms.
"No one is taking our son Kassidy I wont allow it."
"You weren't there to stop it!" Kassidy cried. Killian held her closer.
"See that's how I know it's only a dream because there is no power in this world that will keep me from you."
"It feels so real." Kassidy said softly. "Every time it's the same dream. It has to mean something."
"I think you are scaring yourself love, he will be here any day and I haven't' seen anything that tells me the Queen or your father are coming to take him. And I sure enough haven't seen any purple smoke. Here try some of this." Killian said and reached on his nightstand for a small bottle.
"What is it?" Kassidy asked.
"Last time we made port, I found an apothecary and I explained your nightmares to the woman running it. She told me that many woman at this stage of pregnancy have strange dreams. She said it would help relax you enough to sleep."
Kassidy gave him a look of uncertainty. Killian sighed.
"Please, just try it. You need to sleep, and I need to sleep before I sail us into a mountain. Please."
"Okay. I will try it.." Kassidy said and took the bottle. "How much?"
"Just a sip. Its apparently quite potent."
Kassidy sighed and pulled the cork on the bottle and took a small sip and scrunched up her nose and spit it out.
"She told you this was a tonic?" Kassidy asked.
"Aye. it's what she said." Killian nodded. Kassidy giggled.
"You've been taken for a fool Captain. Give it a taste." She said and handed him the bottle. Killian took a sip from the bottle.
"Bloody hell.. Its rum!" He grumbled.
"I guess in a way she didn't lie. Rum has relaxed me enough to get me to sleep before I was pregnant." Kassidy smiled.
"I can't believe the nerve of that old bat!" Killian spat.
"Its okay, Killian I appreciate it, and I did get some humor out of it." She smirked.
"I'm glad you find humor in me being taken for a fool. Come on let's get some more sleep. We do have a big day tomorrow after all." He smiled and raised his eyebrows before climbing back into bed
"We do." Kassidy said returning his smile and curled up beside him and flicked her wrist turning off the lights again.
"Can you believe that the next time we lay down in this bed it will be as man and wife?" Killian asked.
Kassidy grinned and leaned in and kissed him.

------------------------------------------

Kassidy stood looking in the floor mirror at her beautiful white gown. There was a tap on the door and it opened just a little.
"May I come in?" Smee asked.
"Yes Mr. Smee come on in." Kassidy said. Smee stepped in the room and took in the sight of her.
"Wow." He said and smiled.
"Thank you." Kassidy said returning his smile. "Is everything ready?" She asked.
"Yes, just waiting on the bride." Smee replied and handed her something. Kassidy took it and examined it, it was a beautiful crown made out of white flowers.
"I made that out of the ones we didn't use to cover the deck."
"Its beautiful Mr. Smee." Kassidy smiled and put it on her head. "Thank you." She added and leaned in and kissed his cheek making him blush.
"You're welcome. Are you ready now? The Captain is waiting for his bride." He said.
"I am." Kassidy nodded.
"Good. I'll see you out there." Smee replied and walked out of the Cabin.

Gods she's beautiful..Killian thought as soon as he set eyes on his princess. She was radiant and the sun shining in her blonde hair gave it a glowing golden appearance. Her white gown flowed in the breeze as she approached him.

The ceremony was beautiful and now The Captain, his new bride and the rest of the crew were celebrating.
Kassidy and Killian swayed around the deck to the music that the musicians on board were playing.
Kassidy jumped a bit to the sound of thunder in the distance and squeezed his shoulders.
"Don't worry love, I've outrun many a storm in this vessel." Killian assured her. Kassidy smiled as he spun her around but her smile quickly faded as she looked out into the distance. She stopped dancing.
"Killian.." She mumbled.
"What is it love?" Killian asked.
Kassidy pointed to the cloud of dark purple smoke coming in fast.
"Its.. its the smoke from my dream!" She squeaked. Killian wasted no time shouting commands at his crew as he took over at the helm.
"Killian its happening!" Kassidy cried "We'll be separated, they will take him!"
Killian was silent as he tried to focus on sailing the ship away from the purple smoke that was quickly surrounding them. This would be one storm he was not going to outrun. The smoke was everywhere. Killian pulled Kassidy close.
"I'm scared." She sobbed into his shirt.
"Just hold on to me. Just hold on and it will be okay We'll be okay." He said trying to reassure her but he was no longer sure of that himself.
"I love you." He said softly cradling her head in his hand keeping her from looking. A tear rolled out of his eye as the smoke surrounded them completely.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kassidy held the new born baby boy in her arms, crying.
"It's time Kassidy." Her father said.
"I need more time." Kassidy cried. She knew she had to give him up. She had no means to care for the child by herself and she had already signed the papers to give him up
"There is no more time to be had Kassidy. You have to let him go."
"Please. Make sure whoever is taking him, they keep his name. Its Jack. Please."
"I will talk to the family." Julian replied and took the baby from her arms. Kassidy sobbed and reached for her baby as he was carried out of the room and away from her.

Julian listened to Kassidys agonizing sobs as he met Regina in the hallway.
"Your payment." He said and handed the baby to her. "Kassidy requests you keep the name Jack."
"I suppose I can do that." Regina shrugged and held the baby in her arms smiling down at him.
"Hi Jack, I'm your mommy." She said softly to him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Years Later

It had been a really long and exhausting day for Kassidy. She came home to her small rundown apartment in the shady side of New York City. As soon as she stepped inside she started peeling off her greasy waitress uniform making her way to the bathroom. She looked down at the opal ring on her finger and sighed as she took it off and set it on the counter. She had no idea why that ring had meant so much to her but it did. The only time she took it off was to shower. It wasn't a family heirloom, and no member of her family had given it to her, the only family member she had was her father and they weren't on speaking terms as of late.

After her hot shower, Kassidy walked out in her burgundy plaid lounge pants and sweater. She fiddled with the knob on her heater trying to get it to kick on but it wasn't.
"Piece of shit.." She mumbled and hit it with the side of her fist before walking into the kitchen and grabbing a can of tomato soup from her cabinets, opening it and pouring it into a bowl and shoving it in the microwave.

While she waited for her soup to be done she walked into the living room and turned on the tv and started flipping through the channels when there was a sudden knock on the door. She raised an eyebrow. It was 10PM who would have been here this late?" With it being the shady side of New York, Kassidy was cautious. She picked up her pepper spray from the bowl on the counter and opened the door and then looked down at the boy with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes.
"Uh..can I help you?" She asked.
"Are you Kassidy Cole?" The boy asked.
"Yes.. who are you?" Kassidy asked.
"My name is Jack. I'm your son." The boy smiled.

To be Continued...
Hey guys Your friendly neighborhood Llama here,I've made a VIP facebook group for my Wattpad followers! Members of this group will get exclusive access to New Chapter previews, First looks at New Books, Book trailers, and my character spotify playlists! Also this group will serve as a safe space for new authors to ask advice from me, or anyone else in the group! We will also have a Share Your Story Saturday thread every Saturday where everyone in the group is allowed to post links to their fanfictions! If you'd like to Join, here is the link! <3 I look forward to seeing everyone there! https://www.facebook.com/share/BqmA6KVxVCoiFd3o/

A/N: That's a wrap for book one! As always thank you guys so much for reading, voting and commenting. I'm sure you can tell by the ending of this book where I am going with the sequel! Let me know what you think in the comments guys!