Chapter 13-Deathwish

"Give me the cotton swab and the gauge!" I heard Jay shouting.
"Will! Come over! " again.
"Gaugeeeeeeeeee! " Jay..
"Aiiii Jay do you have a death wish? "
"Finally Anu! " Will said.
"What? " I asked.
"You finally came out of the delirium. You don't remember what happened, do you?" Jay said.
I looked around and realised that I was lying on the sofa in Jay's cabin. And then I remembered everything.

Three hours later:
"Is that your final statement? " Ka$h asked me. Yeah that was an Agent's name.
"Yes, I replied. "
"Okay then. Now I need to assess your injuries. "
"Go ahead. "
"Deep cut on forehead, broken wristbone, left. Bite mark on the right arm. Wait, why is there a bite mark? Were you fighting a man or an animal?"
"I guess both!"
He sighed on hearing my reply.
"And what about the place where the buttplate of the gun hit you? "
"It's okay Ka$h. Stop reminding me of that."
"I am sorry." Ka$h replied sheepishly.
"It's okay. " I replied somewhat dully.
I was tired. Too tired. The last few hours had been too much for me. And I had to go for the mission tomorrow. Luckily I had already packed up my bags before going to the restaurant. I called my friends to bring my bags to the HQ as soon as possible. They said they would do it just then.

4 am the next morning:
"Yes Will. I will be discreet. And if anyone gets me, then I know what to do."
"Okay Agent A. Take care" Will said, after which he pulled me in a bear hug.
"You also take care." I said while hugging him back.

"You slept in your office yesterday?" Jay asked me.
"Yes. You? " I asked.
"Yep."
There was an awkward silence between us. But he was right. I had slept in my office yesterday after visiting Ka$h. And my friends were right there with me.
He hugged me awkwardly. A weird, awkward, dorky, side hug.
I hugged him back, in the same way.
His eyes had an expression which I can't describe. But which somewhat hurt me.

My friends also came to see me off.
But their 'kind' words mainly consisted of what I should do and not do infront of a good looking guy. Since I was going to some preppy high school for this case.

Blah Blah Blah.
What do they think I am?
A dork?
Well, maybe at times I am.
But you don't need to rub it in, right?

Finally after our group hug was over, I went over to the security check. I boarded the plane after an hour or so. As soon as I was comfortably seated I closed my eyes. The details from yesterday night flashed infront of my eyes, as the plane took off.