Chapter 40- Attack on D'Qar

Nimeria looked around the field and no longer saw Rey, she didn't know why there was a connection between her and Rey. She knew that she would find out and if needed she would destroy Rey, but first she had to continue with her plan and destroy everything that surrounded her. Nimeria went back to the palace and as she made her way there, her eyes turned back to her ice blue eyes.

The First Order fleet arrives at the Rebel Base on the planet D'Qar to destroy the base and the entire Resistance. Captain Poe Dameron is sent by General Organa to distract the fleet, so the members can escape unscathed. As he starts to fire at the Dreadnought he makes sure to shoot out their pulsar cannons first. "Good job Poe now let's get out of here." Leia said over the coms. "No General, we can do this. This is our only chance to weaken the First Order. Send the bomb brigade, we can take out this Dreadnought." Poe replied as he was being fired at.

General Leia let out a deep sigh and sent them in against her better judgement. "Open fire! Take the Resistance fleet down!" General Hux ordered. The First Order began their own attack and started to fire at the Resistance Bomb Brigade, then another Dreadnought fired at D'Qar. Most of the bomb brigade and a few X-Wing fighter pilots lost their lives but were able to take down the Dreadnought.

Leia's POV

What have I done? I have lost most of my pilots and the fleet has been crippled. We have to get out of here and away from the First Order. I gave an order and Poe didn't listen, then I agreed with him. How could I have done this?

The Resistance then went into hyper speed and hoped they would be able to regroup with other members of the Resistance.