Dream One

I wake up with a feeling I had forgotten to do something. I fiddled my thumbs for a few minutes while I try to remember. After about ten minutes I realized I had forgotten to set my alarm for my date later today.

It takes about an hour to get to the Union Station. Two hours earlier should do the trick. I think to myself as I turn over to my alarm clock.

It was 5:40 in the morning. I set my alarm and slowly fell back to sleep.

I find myself walking through a forest at night. The air was freezing to the bone. I continue walking as shadows are cast by the bunching leaves and branches covering the moonlight. After what seemed like several minutes of walking I come to the edge of the forest which also a cliff. I kneel on the edge of the cliff to get a sense of my current altitude. I was very high up. I then stare into the distance. I see what seems like several more cliff at higher altitudes. This was a sight to behold. As I survey the area I notice a way to reach a nearby cliff where I could ascend further. I am strangely compelled to ascend further. Next thing I know I find myself climbing up the nearby cliff. However, I keep slipping, unable to keep a proper grip. I start to lose confidence but the wish to ascend burns hotter.

I hear my alarm go off waking me from my dream. I feel winded somehow. I sit up for a few minutes to catch my breath. Once I feel well I prepare to take a shower. After my typical morning routine, I head over to the kitchen to have some breakfast. Upon opening my fridge I find it empty. I put on a perplexed face then place my hand on my face as if it were a visor.

"Dam it Gin!" I exclaim.

I slam my fridge door closed. After the loud echo subsides I hear my stomach begin to rumble. I had no chance to have a meal yesterday. I sigh then walk back to my room and pick up my travel effects. I look over to my new VR still in its box. I can not hold back the smile I get as I look away and walk out of my room. As I walk to the front door I check myself to make sure I have everything I need. I lock up my front door after I exit.

Gin did not bust my locks. Thanks. I think to myself as I walk down through the alley leading to the main street.

There are plenty of drunks and drugged up personal down this alley seeking shade. Many were still sleeping, some were trying to find something to eat on the floor or the nearby dumpster.

That's right yesterday was Friday every Saturday and Sunday morning this happens. This is a rough neighborhood but still can the landlord not do something about these people. Last week there were two dead bodies found, stabbed to death. Unfortunately, this is all I could afford. Then again I am a millionaire. I do have to talk to Gin about that. I think to myself as I walk down the alley.

Suddenly one of the unfortunates jumps toward me, pinning me to the wall. He places what seems like an old ice pick to my throat.

"Hey, there pretty boy. What's your hurry?" The unfortunate asks as he inches his improvised tool deeper into my throat.

The unfortunate begins to cough uncontrollably after his question. The unfortunate losses his grip on me and falls on the floor coughing. I reach into my pocket and bring out some disinfectant wipes. I wipe my face, hands, and neck while I continue my walk down the alley. I stop at the end of the alley looking over the sidewalk littered of beer bottles and cigarette buds. I then survey my surroundings and walk towards the bus stop at the end of the street. The bus stop was full of broken bottles, vomit and all matter of sick. I sigh and look over to the arriving bus with destination towards downtown. The bus stops and the door opens. I walk inside and place my index finger on a scanner. The machine beeps and glows green very briefly. I remove my finger from the scanner and look over to an empty bus.

Oh, what luck! Available seats! I think to myself as I move in

After finding my seat I lean back to the dazzling holograms advertising all kinds of products. The closer I get to downtown the more advertisements presents themselves becoming overbearing. People begin to board the bus as the bus moves closer and closer to my destination. A few stops before my destination I see an advertisement for a new phone that can connect to VLR devices.

I never paid much attention to these high-end phones until now I suppose since I never owned a VLR but now I guess I should get one of those. But with my salary forget it. Maybe I can just buy a simple phone since yesterday was payday. I sigh as my thoughts flow by.

As my stop approaches, I stand up and try to wiggle my way through the people standing between me and the exit door. With some effort, I make it to the door and press the exit button next to the door. As the bus moves towards the stop I peer through the plastic see-through door. Gin was walking and chatting with multiple people. All seemed listening to Gin talk as he took the lead. My bus turned a corner and was unable to see anymore. My bus came to a complete stop next to the Union Station where I was to meet Priscilla. I step out of the bus and move to cross the street toward the entrance. I see Priscilla and Esther sitting talking among themselves.

Am I late?