Communications

I am early. I wonder how long they have been here waiting. I still have 20 minutes before the set time but I suppose there is no reason to stall. I confirm the details of my appointment

Priscilla was wearing a light pink floral dress with an accompanying straw summer hat. Esther was wearing a red floral print chiffon blouse with off shoulder bow ties and blue jeans. Both breath-taking. I think to myself then walk towards Priscilla and Esther.

Both girls look my way as I approach them. I smile and wave in their direction. Both girls stand up and wave back. Priscilla swiftly moves towards me after a short wave and takes my left arm. Esther follows behind Priscilla and places herself on Priscilla's left side.

"So! Where too?" Priscilla asks me with a coy tone of voice.

I very much dislike this type of person. Always trying to manipulate and control. I need to wiggle my way out and set some boundaries before anything gets out of hand. I think to myself as I move my left arm to reach my satchel.

I ruffle through my satchel as Priscilla slowly loosens her embrace to my arm. I slowly turn my body opposite and away from Priscilla and freeing myself from her grasp. I pull out a folded map of the city and unfold it to show its contents. Both Priscilla and Esther chuckle.

"Why don't you use your phone?" Esther asks.

I turn towards Esther and smile.

"That is actually what I planned on buying today," I reply.

"I thought you were going to buy a new computer?" Priscilla asks

"I actually came across a VXLR yesterday night. A gift from a friend," I reply with a smile while I scratch my head.

"X!" Both Esther and Priscilla exclaim with a stunned face.

"Yes. Therefore I have shifted my focus to a phone," I reply with a smile.

"You must have an amazingly rich friend to just give away an X. Esther finally got a regular VLR so she's also in the market for a new phone. I guess we will tag along," Priscilla comments while shifting her sights toward Esther.

"Really," I state while trying to hide my smile.

Suddenly Priscilla steps on my foot and clings to my left arm again and proceeds to lead me. We begin to move towards the crowd leading out into the streets. There are holograms all around despite the sun being out the advertisement is crystal clear. There are robots trying to peddle merchandise and trying to get us into their shop. All kinds of people are walking to and from somewhere, in and out of shops. We continue to walk onwards.

"So Esther. Any particular shop for cellphones?" I ask

"Yes a little further down. It specializes in VR compatible cellphone with very competitive prices. It's the same place where we purchased your cellphone," Esther responds while turning her head towards Priscilla.

"You have a VR too?" I ask while shifting my focus towards Priscilla.

"Yes I do," Priscilla replies with a proud tone.

"She has been pestering me to get one for a while now. And for what to pl-" Priscilla interrupts Esther by reaching over and covering Esther's mouth.

"She's confused no need to mind her Y/N," Priscilla comments with a smile and looks in my direction.

I smile and raise my eyebrows then turn my focus back on our path. I move along while both girls linger behind briefly to whisper to each other. After a few seconds, they both catch up to me.