Dream Two

As I drift further and further into rem sleep.

I find myself standing on the edge of a cliff. A somewhat familiar scene I felt as I look around in inspection of my sudden location. I see nearby cliffs lined in a circular pattern. I look above and although the cliffs rose high they did not go up forever. The ambient was not dark but not bright, A ambient settles in the twilight. I am compelled to climb and decide to find out what is at the peak of this rise. The adjacent cliff was about 40 feet of distance away. I somehow feel no panic or restraint to go around or stop. I jump across in one bound leap and easily clear the distance. I look up and wonder to myself why am I doing this. I then decide to change this world and make it my own. I begin to float upwards. A few feet into the air I am struck by lightning and fall downwards. As I land on the cliff floor the force of the impact of my body hitting the solid ground, I fall through finally reaching the end of the solid ground and falling even further where no more ledge was present.

Why did I not dodge the lightning? I think to myself.

I continue to fall for what seemed like miles and miles. I eventually see the bottom of the cliff. I had floated in the air somehow. The structures became smaller and smaller the further and further, I fell. I could not understand how it was possible that those immense cliffs are floating in the are. I think back to the lightning.

I feel like I am not asking the right question. Because the questions can not be answered or more precisely I am not ready. But I have other questions I can ask in its place. If not why? then what? The lightning bolt had hit me because the situation called for it in response to my breaking the rules. Who? Who set these rules and why should I obey them? The only real freedom anybody has is the right to choose therefore I choose not to follow the rules. Who will not restrain me! What? What is the situation I was in? It was natural that I was here not situational because there was nothing else to guide me. I was compelled to climb. Because I desired it. The only freedom I have is the choice I make. I want to see what is at the peak! Where? Where would this path lead me? Irrelevant because I desired to see its peak. I was ready to take its consequences! When? I rack my brain with my thoughts

I hit the solid ground before I could continue. As the dust clears I find myself splayed out. It was dark now. The starry sky gleamed and shined so beautifully. I suddenly feel motion close by. I reluctantly stand up and look over towards the disturbance. It was far away yet I could see the gist of what was taking place. I could see two figures stand adjacent to multiple people on horseback. Above the horseback riders, I could see what looked like a great amount of creatures. The two looked to be at a great disadvantage but somehow I felt it was not all like it seemed. Although outnumbered both people standing gave a vibe of power. One was slender and fully armored in black, the other was dressed in very loose-fitting black robes. However, I was not compelled to go towards them. The rules were telling me to join in, but my desire was to ignore. As I watch for a few moments more I see some of the creatures hovering above launch themselves at the robed person. I begin to feel sour about this scene and decide to look back towards the sky. I decide to ignore the battle that was developing nearby and focus back to my goal.

When was the time? Now was the time! therefore the why? could not be answered because I was not ready then. But now I am! I scream in my mind

I begin to soar through the air at great speed. I feel another lightning bolt coming my way.

I need to dodge! come on! dodge! Dodge damn you! Dodge! I surge my thoughts throughout my mind and body.

"Understood master," Guilt replies

I feel myself in full control of my body once again and I am able to dodge the lightning bolt. I soar higher and higher. Lightning bolts begin to rain down on me. I easily dodge, none of the lightning bolts were fast enough to keep up with me.

"Guilt watch out for me. Our mission is to reach the peak!" I command Guilt

"Affirmative master!" Guilt accepts

"I will break the rules! I will break what, when, how, with who, where, and why! because I can and because I want to!" I shout

I begin to see the cliff that I had fallen through. I can see the hole where I fell through. I decide to go through it. After a few moments, I reach the base from which I fell through and stand to look around to that oh so familiar scene, my starting location. I felt a surge of excitement flow through me I begin to ascend once more as lightning bolts relentlessly aim for me.

I begin to regain consciousness. It was morning as I look around the time read 8:03. I have a lingering feeling of dissatisfaction, however, I do feel like I have mastered myself even more.