Twentieth Star -6

Date: 07/06/0020

The deed had been served. Another deliverer had passed away within the seventh year of being selected. Lowain knew that the lower ranking Stella Navigate's would not complain about searching for someone new. But there, was always consequence for a death that came too early.

And the young man, who has just passed away, was now an egg.

Hidden in the ground. The ground of clouds. The silver lining that blocked off the site of the Stella's. No human even thought about anything else other than themselves being the only living, breathing thing.

Although, Stella's do not breath. They do not sleep. They do not eat. They do, nothing. But work.

For that is their purpose. That is their mission, and they never die. 

The Stella's roam daily, looking for the next one. A new deliverer. But, as they gain more and more and more humans, people start to notice.

They begin to figure out that someone disappears every seven years. They know of all of the disappearances that have happened beforehand, all but the very first human, Lowain.

He has been forgotten.

Lowain, is gone. From his human form, into a Stella Navigate.

Humans wonder, what kind of creature takes away their neighbor, friend, lover, family... they imagine millions of different things- but no one even comes close to the actual creatures.

They are small, at four feet tall. A layer of light green coating of skin. Dark black hollow eyes that haunt nightmares late at night. Stubby and short legs, and arms that are no different. They do not own a nose or ears. Only two dark holes for eyes and a darker, rounder shape in the middle for a mouth. With something sharp, always being shown. A fang. 

These, are the Stella Navigates. And they, can not hide for much longer.