TWO

INDIANA, HAWKINS. TOWN.

we reached town and parked on the side of the road, firstly heading to a supermarket to obviously buy some food that'll last us days. we got veggies, fruits, meat, snacks and plenty of drinks.

after that we quickly put bags into the car and headed off again to a store called 'melvalds gernery'. when me and dad stood inside the store I heard a woman yell his name in excitement.

"y/d/n!" a woman yelled and went over to him with her arms open. this is always awkward for a child when their parents sees someone they know.

"joyce, I haven't seen you in ages!" he announced, giving her a hug. she was a pretty lady, her brunette hair was quite long and her makeup was well done.

"what are you doing here?" she asked, pulling away and put her hands on her hips, looking up to him.

"just moved here," he told her to which she gasped loudly in excitement.

"no way!" she squealed.

"yes way, I brought y/n too," he told joyce and moved to the side slightly, showing me towards her and she also gasped loudly.

"oh my god, you've gotten so big!" she squealed, looking down to me a little I was almost the same height as her.
"I knew you ever since you was in your moms stomach," she giggled and turned to my dad again. "speaking of which where is y/m/n?" she asked, hands back in her hips.

"long story," my dad replied, and she nodded.

"joyce! customers!" a man yelled from a counter.

"shoot, catch up with you soon yeah?" she suggested. my dad agreed and we walked around the store. we grabbed bed sheet covers, clothes, shower gels, shampoos, conditioners, toothbrushes, toothpaste and books for me and my dad to read.

"we meet again," my dad says putting two baskets of things we need on the counter whist joyce scans the objects.

"indeed we do," she smile as she begin to put things in bags.

"so do you still live up that hill? or you moved some place else?" my dad asks, taking out his wallet.

"yeah, still got johnathan and will," he told him smiling, my dad paused.

"you didn't tell me you had another kid," my dad told her, she giggled.

"I forgot! you moved away before I was going to tell you I was pregnant at the time," she said, still shoving things in the plastic bags.

"how old is will?" i ask, she smiled at me, multitasking with the bags.

"same age as you I believe," she told me. "i can get you to meet him, if you two would like to come round for dinner today?" she suggested. smiling at my dad.

"yeah, that would be lovely, and you can finally make some friend y/n/n," my dad said and rubbed the top of my head which I grunted at.

"yes dad that would be great," I said whilst rolling my eyes.

"just like her mom," my dad joked and Joyce agreed finishing the bags.

"that'll be $34.95, please," she said and my dad gave her $35, the till tinged and the money popped out, she slid in the money and gave him the change.

"what time should we come round?" my dad quickly asked whilst putting his wallet away and taking the bags.

"6:30pm," she smiled and waved to us, we waved back and headed to the car and headed for our journey home.

y/n = your name.
y/d/n = your dad's name.
y/m/n = yours mums name.
y/n/n = your nick name