FITHTY-EIGHT

INDIANA, HAWKINS.    BYERS RESIDENCE.

I turned up at wills home quickly knocking on the door. johnathan opened it and took in what my face looked like.

"what happened?" he quickly asked and let me inside. will was already sitting on the sofa and as I walked in he turned and ran up to me in a hug, I cried into his chest, joyce came round the corner.

"what's going on?" She asked and I wiped my eyes.

"my dad's a fucking asshole, telling me I have to break up with will because he doesn't approve, argh!" I grunted and joyce walked over to hug me.

"I'm guessing you brung clothes to stay?" she asked I nodded.

"good, I'm gonna need to speak to him, he's so different now," she told me stroking my back.

"yeah cause of that bitch jennifer, I swear joyce I will burn her, I will burn her to death," I said and she pulled away.

"what?" johnathan asked after closing the door.

"she's like eleven, but she can start fires," will explained to johnathan and he nodded.

"yeah, what, what did she do?" joyce asked me.

"what did they do, they told me to not be apart of the group because they're not the right ones, but how am I meant to make new friends when the schools against me, how fucking dumb can they get?" I screamed and the stove lit up. we all jumped back as the fire roared

"whoa, okay, calm down now," joyce said and turned it off.

"sorry," I apoligized and will took me over to the sofa.

"he asked you to break up with me?" he questioned and I nodded sadly.

"he said you not the right one for me," I told him and will held onto my hand.

"do you, you know want-" he asked, my heart dropped.

"no will, I would never, I love you, he's an idiot and I'm not following his rules," I told him and he smiled. joyce an johnathan were standing around the corner watching the small scene. she looked over to johnathan with a sad look and walked away.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"why are you sorry," I asked him, holding his hand.

"I dragged you into my mess of a life and your dad who doesnt approve, mike wasn't nice to you at first and I don't know maybe," he trailed off.

"okay well firstly I have powers, I've killed my mom, Jennifer's brainwashed my dad and me and mike are friends," I told him we was going to say something but stopped himself. "what are you trying to say?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I don't know maybe we should just, take a break I guess?" he asked and looked at me worried. "I mean, for your dads sake," he told me. my heart felt like it was in my mouth.

"I told you I'm not following his rules," I told him and he sighed. Joyce and johnathan watched behind the wall shocked, joyces hand was over her mouth sadly.

"I-I know it's just, let's try it out, and if it doesn't go well then we'll think about it," he suggested. I felt tears well up and I let go of his hands. I nodded.

"sure, I uh, I'll go home and tell him," I said and he nodded. I grabbed my bag and instantly left. the rain pouring down as fast as my tears were.