FORTY-FOUR

INDIANA, HAWKINS.      JUNKYARD.

when we arrived at the junkyard me and el were talking about our ability whilst the guys just hung out.

"so you realised you've had these abilitys since you hurt your momma?" she asked I nodded sadly and she held my shoulder. "my moms in a dream circle and I'm not sure how to get her out of it," she told me and I smiled weakly.

"I'm sorry about that," I told her as she shrugged.

"Its okay, I have a dad and thats hopper," she told me as we sat on the front of a car.

"wait, he came round my house last night," I remembered and she nodded.

"she was telling me about how they were best friends in high school," she sad I laughed at her statement relating to it.

"same for mine," I told her and looked at the ground. "you know the lab?" I asked and she nodded looking over to me.

"yes," she replied quietly.

"did they give you a... tattoo?" I asked, she nodded as lifted up her sleeve to show her 011 tattoo. I lifted up the bottom of me jeans and pulled my sock down revealing: 010.

"I knew a ten," she told me. "and it wasn't you," she said, I pulled up my sock and pulled down my jeans.

"well I dont remember being at that place however, I remember going to the hospital and my ankle hurting," I told her.

"your parents might've got you out luckily, my mom tried and failed," she told me I formed my lips in a line and looked down at my hands.

"I need to practise my powers, I'm scared I'll hurt somebody if I get too angry, I almost did to mike but I was fortunate enough," I told her and she got off the car. the party was sitting at the steps of the bus and when they saw us stand up they stopped talking and watched.

"see that pile over there," she said and pointed at the pile of mould. I nodded. "focus on it and try burn it," she said, I looked towards it and tried burning it some smoke came off of it.

"it's difficult," I told her, she stood closer to me.

"think about what really makes you angry," she told me looking at me whilst I thought. "think about the time when mike made you feel left out," she told me, my nostrils flared a little and I looked at the pile with anger, remembering the note and burning it. "think about when your mom were argueing," she said an I felt it, I felt it hard in my chest. I swung my hand out and my finger tips clawed in. "you killed you mother," she told me in my ear. My nostrils flared, blood streaming from my right nostril. this time the pile smoking up. "your mother is dead because of you," she whispered, gritting her teeth slightly. the pile quickly burnt up and I screamed loudly it echoing through the forest and birds scattering away as I fell to the ground.

I was going to cry, even sob from the pressure and thoughts I remembered but I saw the fire and will came running over to me.

"y/n!" he yelled excited to see that I controlled my powers. he bent his knees and knelt down to hug me tightly, slowly rocking side to side. "that was amazing!" he cheered and lifting me up from the ground in a happy way. we pulled apart and I looked towards el, she smiled at me.

"how did you know how to do that?" I asked and she went to side hug mike.

"I closed the gate that opened up to the upside down," she said. "a girl from the lab helped me, our powers are controlled by anger," he told me I have a nod of 'oh'.

"are you okay?" will asked me and I nodded, he smiled and bring me close to kiss my forehead.

"over time when you've practised you powers enough you can use the smallest piece of anger to light something up that's small, but you have to control them," she told me and I nodded thanking her

I had rehearsals today and my boyfriend was there (cause we both go to the same dance school) and he completely ignored me and talked to my best mate instead?? I might be jumping into conclusions but the realtionship isn't going that well and I think we'll break up soon so oof

how's you day been aha?