Chapter 11

That Sunday evening, the coffee shop is quiet, customers come and go quickly, maybe to get ready for the first day of the week tomorrow. Asato Anders sigh with his cheek resting on his palm as he lean on top of the pastries' case.

"What's up your butt?" Gabby ask beside him while wiping down the counter.

"Nothing, yet," Asato answer and Gabby laugh.

"Seriously, you have been sighing a lot today, what's the matter?" Gabby ask seriously this time.

"It's Damian," Asato answer with the alpha's handsome face pop up into his head.

"What about your hot boyfriend?"

"Too much things going on after I met him, first he became my boyfriend, then we met his mother who obviously hates omegas, next his brother now just appear out of nowhere, and then my dad just show up after fifteen years," he pause and remember the weird thing that happened to Damian yesterday morning, glowing red eyes and intense pheromones attack, the omega sigh again and lay his head on top of the cool surface, "too much drama," he finish his complains.

"Well, that's what makes life exciting, dramas," Gabby shrug and look up at the shop's entrance, "speak of the devil."

Damian Knight enter the shop, wearing a black hoodie and loose trousers, hair still wet from a recent shower, it seems he just came back from the gym. One of his hand holding a black tote bag.

The alpha immediately come to the counter where Asato is standing and swoop in for a kiss.

"How was the birthday party?" Asato ask after pulling away from the kiss.

"Great," Damian shrug and immediately has his eyes on the piling pastries in the case below.

The omega just roll his eyes and start to fill the trays with all of the pastries. Gabby serve Damian's ice coco and tap the cashier machine for the alpha to pay.

Just like usual, Damian sit himself near the window seat, pastries filling his whole table. But this time, instead of playing with his phone, he pull out a worn out notebook and the documents he stole from his father's office, he start to read with his mouth taking big bites on his croissant.

Seeing the alpha reading a book caught Asato's attention, but he then distracted from it as some customers decided to fill the shop with a final rush for the weekend.

"What are you reading?" Asato ask Damian right after he was done with work and ready to go home.

"Documents about my family's heritage and stuffs," Damian answer putting back the documents into his back as he too prepare to walk his lover home.

Walking out to the chilly night, the couple walk hand in hand.

"What are you looking for from those documents?" Asato ask curious, he could see a very determined look on the alpha beside him, again, it is also a new expression from Damian. He is glad that the alpha is starting to become expressive and open up more.

"I don't know yet, I will tell you when I found it," Damian answer. Most of the words in his father's journal are written in Hungarian which Damian supposed to learn before when he was younger but he can't remember any of it. Whatever Angelica has done to his head, she has made him lost a lot of things in his whole life.

"You've changed a lot," Asato suddenly said making Damian turn his head to the omega, suddenly remembering the blonde beta in his father's office, the beta also said the same thing to the alpha.

"What do you mean?" Damian asks.

"Do you realized that you've been smiling a lot lately? And your eyes," the omega pause as he look at the alpha's brown eyes with a tint of red color around the pupils, "they have become prettier I guess, you look smarter somehow, before, you had these childlike expression and always seems confused, I don't know how to explain it but I think this is supposed to be the real you. You've found your real true self."