Chapter 19

Vlad Knight spends most of his time sitting in his office, one hand holding a shot of whiskey on the rock, the other holding his lit cigar. Since he heard about his son and his omega decided to move to Japan, it left Vlad with no choice but to sit down again and think. He is old, though you cannot really sees his aging appearance, Vlad knows that someday he is going to step off his throne and give it to someone else.

After Damian gone, the only family he had and still standing beside him is Donovan Knight and Rossa Knight. Vlad knows that Donovan is already sick of his mother's game, he was so ready to leave everything behind but Vlad caught him off guard, with just a little bit of blackmails here and there, Donovan keep on standing there and listen to his every demands.

While Rossa, she is different. Vlad is not very close to his only omega daughter, he just let the girl do everything she wanted. She is already seventeen, and there's still no sign of her leaving the family. Once or twice Vlad caught her reading the Knight Corp financial reports and asking Hubert to explain some of them.

Rossa's interest in the family business fascinate Vlad since that day.

"Drinking again?"

Vlad look up to find Michael, walking slowly towards him, the alpha had forgotten when did their best friend relationship ended, was it the day Vlad kissed him at their graduation ceremony when the beta was dead drunk or was it the time when Michael went insane from the councils' punishment and Vlad happily offer Michael his help by giving him some physical comfort.

The alpha doesn't know what to call for their relationship, they kiss and have sex from time to time, Michael is already beside him and sit himself on his lap naturally, as if they're a normal old couple. Vlad will have his arm around Michael's small waist to pull him closer and let the beta play with his hair and message his nape. It all seems so natural. Michael will bend a little bit nibbling lightly on Vlad's ear, licking the behind giving Vlad a sign. But today Michael is going to do something different as he put his lips on top of his ear and whisper.

"I'm pregnant."

That makes Vlad turn his head quickly to Michael's smirking face, he almost dropped his drink, he is so shocked but then he frown when Michael laugh so loud.

"Look at your face!" Michael continue to laugh as he put a kiss on Vlad's frowning face. "I'm joking," the beta finally said still unstoppably giggling.

Vlad sigh in relief, he doesn't know what to do or say if Michael was really pregnant with his child. The history shall repeat itself, he thinks.

"What are you thinking? So serious," Michael ask as he pinch on Vlad's wrinkle between his thick eyebrows.

"Stuffs," Vlad answer as he put off his cigar as he turn his head fully towards Michael.

Michael just look at Vlad and the alpha finds the beta beautiful despite the big old scar on his face.

"What do you think about Rossa?" Vlad ask as he pull Michael closer to him with both of his strong arms.

"Rossa? I think she is smart, very mature for her age, the strongest omega I ever known, well, after my son obviously," Michael said now curious, "why you asked?"

"With Damian gone and Donovan trying to run away from me too, I'm thinking about Rossa, she seems to be the only person who is interested in Knight Corps."

Michael's expression turns soft as he hug Vlad's head to his shoulder, "I think Rossa is perfect for the heir. Maybe because she was born in a family full of alphas that she felt challenged and wanted to be better."

"I wonder if I'm making the right choice this time," Vlad ask rather to himself.

"You still have your divorce with Angelica in process, don't think too much," Michael answer him to relax the busy alpha.