0 || Prologue

"Talus! Get back here with my bag!" a delicate yet strong voice called out. A girl ran into the living room of the lab, looking for the Pokémon that stole her hat. She was a teenage girl about thirteen or fourteen years old. She has waist-length black hair, with two cobalt steaks that flowed behind her. Her brilliant cobalt blue orbs flickered back and forth searching. She has a nice tan from the warm Alolan sun. She is wearing a dark blue top with white, high-waisted shorts and a lettermen jacket with navy blue accents, Poké Ball symbol on left upper part of the chest, and the sleeve pushed up just below the elbow. She wears a pair of brown leather combat boots. Clasped around her neck are three pendants, one with a small round shimmering stone embedded in the center of a half sun, half moon, the two others held two shrunken master balls, one with a sun symbol, one with a moon. On her wrist is pearly white Z-Ring bracelet with accents of blue.

"Ruff-Rockruff!" a quadruped, canine Pokémon ran in with a blue bag. It is primarily light brown and its darker brown, short muzzle tightened its grip on the bag as its triangular pink nose twitched a bit. Its paws and ear tips are that same darker brown, and its large blue eyes shimmered with mischief. Its button ears are folded back slightly, and the short tufts of fur on each cheek stirred ever so slightly with its movements. Around its neck is a ruff of grayish-white fur stubbed with dark brown pebbles that shift with movement. The dark brown markings on its paws extend to a thin point on each wrist and ankle that flowed with its movement. Its grayish-white tail darted back and forth quickly and curled tightly over its back and is covered in fluffy fur.

Zelenia, known as 'The Alolan Champion', cousin to Professor Kukui, had a flight to the Kalos Region the next morning. "May I please have my bag back, Talus?" Zelenia asked the Puppy Pokémon. It's playful blue eyes started to water as it whimpered slightly, as if begging her not to leave. Zelenia smiled sadly, "I know you don't want me to leave, and I don't want to leave you either but I got to go if I want to compete in the Kalos League."

Zelenia had dreamed of seeing the other regions, and not just for her research. After conquering the Battle Frontier, she longed to try the leagues. She knew Alola and the people like the back of her hand. She was called 'The Alolan Champion' because she was known as the strongest trainer in the Alola Region. She has yet lose a battle since her very first Trial. She accepted any challenge but she has yet to be defeated with all challengers losing to her before she can even bring out her second Pokémon. When she heard of the Kalos League coming up, she knew it was her calling.

Zelenia kept chasing Talus until the front door suddenly swung open, startling Zelenia to trip and fall. She groaned and rolled over onto her back, and slowly sat up. She looked to see her cousin, Professor Kukui, with and amused smile. Professor Kukui is a young man with a muscular physique. His dark eyes were filled with amusement and his black hair shinned slightly from the light of the sun and was tied back in a man bun. His goatee is also black. He wears a white hat with a rainbow decoration in the front. Professor Kukui also wears glasses with teal frame, and his white lab coat shifted around as he laughed and he fiddled with his rolled-up sleeves. He is also wearing grey baggy pants with a teal stripe and white ribbon and some teal shoes with white outline.

"Having trouble, Zel?" Kukui laughed, helping the annoyed girl to her feet. Rotom-Dex came out from behind and joined in.

Zelenia smiled, "Laugh all you want dear cousin but you'll be crying your eyes out when I'm not here."

"Really, is that so?" Kukui replied with a smug smile plastered on his tanned face.

Zelenia just smirked, "You won't last a week without calling me for help."

"W-when did I ever ask you for your help?" Kukui asked embarrassed, his cheeks reddened as Rotom hid his own small smirk, holding back a laugh.