CHAPTER 4 [part 2]

For weeks after school, my brothers and I have been practicing my surprise for Ellie at DigiFest. It hasn't really sank inside my head until today that I'd actually be doing this not just in front of my girlfriend, but in front of fans, and in front of other artists and YouTubers. I guess that's just how proud I am of the both of us, considering what we've been through.

We did have little arguments that made us a little impatient with each other. Trust me, it made the both of us a little crazy sometimes. Then came the time Sierra had confronted Ellie which probably drew the line, even if we hadn't had any other arguments before that. It left me broken for at least four months, and it wasn't a pretty sight. The first month, I started to smoke again. The second month, Jacob got me to stop smoking somehow and tried setting me up with a few girls. No such luck. Matt tried to get it off my mind as well, but everything we talk about kept making a left turn to what I should've done before Ellie left that morning. The fourth month was when my brothers started to take more action. They asked me to write down words, positive words, about Ellie. I liked it when she didn't have any makeup on, and when she wears her glasses. I like how she wasn't aware of how beautiful she was. And that was how our song, 'I Like That,' and Before You Exit, was made. (A/N: I KNOW BYE WAS MADE WAAAAAAAY BEFORE I LIKE THAT OK)

It was finally the day we left for DigiFest, and I was pumped.

TobyMcDonough: NYC, are you ready for DigiFest?!!!

A wave of replies have already sprung up seconds after I tweeted. I retweeted and replied to a few people before getting in Connor's backseat. "All set?" he asked. "Yep," Riley and I said. Delia and Ellie had already left for NYC a few hours ago, and promised to meet us at their hotel room after we arrive. My phone buzzed.

Elliana_182: Already in NYC. Finally met @jennxpenn & @MatthewEspinosa!

A photo of her, Matthew and Jenn was attached to the tweet. I decided to capture a photo of my brothers and I before we drove off to pick Thomas up a few minutes away.

I was so busy tweeting and replying to people and at the same time Snapchatting Ellie that I wasn't aware that Thomas was already inside the car. I decided to include a photo of Thomas and I to send to Snapchat for Ellie. "Look who's here!" I put as a caption. Seconds later, she took a photo of Lauren Jauregui's back and said, "I'M BEHIND HER SHOULD I SAY HI," and of course, I said yes because I knew she'd been talking to her the past month, and was probably secretly gay for her. Minutes later, she sent me a selfie of the two of them. I chuckled, because they both looked so ecstatic to see each other. (A/N: lauren is queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen)

It took us almost two hours to get to NYC, and finally to the hotel near the venue. I texted Ellie as Connor checked in for us before we went back out again to see a few fans. "See you guys at Digi later!" said Riley a few minutes later, signaling that it was time for us to go back inside. I could still hear fans screaming when Ellie went down to the lobby and hugged me. She waved at them and went outside herself. "You go on ahead, I'll wait for El," I told Thomas and my brothers. It took about 20 minutes for Ellie to get back, and returned with a few bags of gifts. I waved at the fans again before we went to the elevtors. Connor texted me our room number so that I didn't have to look. "So, how was meeting Lauren?" I asked, taking a bag to help. "Surreal. She was beautiful. The other girls were nice as well. I should've given Camila a chance before, she was so sweet!" she said as we went inside the already open elevator. 

Her eyes sparkled as she talked more about her first few hours here. She said she's already met so many fans and her friends from the Internet. I couldn't help but look at her and laugh a little because she was so excited. She was adorable, so I kissed her quickly before she got to her floor. "I'll see you at Digi, then?" she said before entering her room. I nodded and pulled her in for a hug as she kissed my cheek. "I love you," she whispered in my ear. My stomach twisted into knots as I held her tighter. "I love you, too."