Beautiful Breath of Fresh Air IV

Opie POV

"You're going to have to be clearer." Gem said to me as we stood outside of TM, eating the impromptu breakfast. I looked at her in surprise and she gave a shrug. "I see things." She said and I looked over the lot before responding.

"I need to talk to Jax and Clay." I said, not denying it.

"Just, don't tell her you did that first. She'll get pissy with you about getting their permission." She said and I knew she was right. Ava wouldn't be down with any kind of 'permission' when it came to her and I. That didn't stop me from needing to say something, though. She was Jax's sister and Clay's princess. I needed them to understand my interest was genuine so that there weren't any issues.

On the thought, I saw Clay come up to us and Gemma gave his cheek a kiss and me a look before walking away. Guess I was going to have that conversation now. Clay gave me a look before speaking.

"Why do I have the feeling you have something Gemma wants you to say to me?" He asked, his mouth twisted in irony. I jogged my head toward the lot, wanting a little more privacy for this discussion. He took the hint and walked with me.

"Ava." I said, looking him square in the eyes. His widened and he shook his head.

"My little girl? Really?" He asked and I nodded. "You understand that I'm not going to put up with bullshit relating to her, right?" He asked and I nodded again. "That means she calls the shots and, if you break her heart, I just might pull yours from your chest." He continued.

"I know. But I can't ignore it." I said and he put his hands on his hips and shook his head as he looked at the ground.

"Fuck." He said as he looked back up. "It was always a possibility." His eyes trailed over to Ava before looking back at me. "I won't interfere as long as you treat her right." He said and I nodded my thanks. One down, now on to Jax, I thought. Clay must have seen the intent in my eyes because he nodded toward the bikes. "He's over there."

"Thanks, Clay." I said, my gratitude not limited to him pointing out Jax and he nodded and clapped me on the back. I walked over to Jax, finding him riffling through saddle bags, and spoke up.

"Jax," I called and he turned with a smile, putting a cigarette up to his mouth and lighting it.

"What's up, man?" He asked and I looked back to the spot where the guys were all still mingling and eating. Jax's eyes followed mine, his expression showing confusion. "Something wrong?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Nah. I gotta talk to you about Ava." I said and his expression continued to look confused before the light went off. When it did, his eyes widened.

"Are you serious?" He asked, disbelief coming through.

"Yes." I replied and he stubbed out his cigarette and stepped closer to me, his face just inches from mine.

"Are you really serious?" He asked, his eyes searching mine for some sign of hesitation.

"She's important." I responded, not moving back. "I can't get her out of my head." I continued. "And, I can't fucking stomach the idea of her being with anyone else." I finished as I looked at him. Jax must have seen the truth in my eyes, because he nodded. Half a second later, he smiled widely.

"Don't you ever fucking tell me about shit to do with what happens in the bedroom. We clear?" He demanded and I chuckled.

"No problem." I said and we hugged each other.

"You think she's down?" He asked as we pulled apart and I nodded.

"Yeah, I think so. But, she's going to make me fucking lay it out there." I said dryly and he grinned.

"Wouldn't be Ava if she didn't." He said and I nodded as I looked over to the blonde beauty. Now that these conversations had happened, I could have one with the woman whose eyes had been haunting me every night.