Two ↝ I Should've Stayed In My Bed

Sasha’s mom pulled the sheets off of her thirteen year old daughter. She had just turned thirteen and she had school today.

“Mommmm,” Sasha whined as her mom pulled the blinds open revealing the sunlight. Sasha only pulled the sheets back over her head to protect her eyes from the blinding sun.

“C’mon get up.” Her mother replies stepping over to Sasha and taking the sheets off of her head. She looked into her daughter’s eyes. “Happy birthday.” Her mother whispered and kissed her forehead.

“Thank you, now can I sleep?” Sasha asked her mom who shook her head, ‘no.’ Her father walks in holding a plate of pancakes with sprinkles, whipped cream and even more sprinkles.

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Sasha, happy birthday to you..” Her parents sang along simultaneously and all Sasha wanted was to be left alone.

“Okay, okay.” Sasha agreed with a huff as she smiled and took the plate away from her father.

“Make a wish, honey.” Her mom smiled as her father pulled her mother closer to him. The candles were numbers and said ‘13’.

Sasha watched the candles burn for a moment before she shut her eyes briefly. She breathed in and made her wish. Wishing for these voices to leave her alone. Wishing that she could somehow be cured from the ‘schizophrenia.’ Her parents stood there with small smiles on their faces as Sasha removed the candles from the pancakes.

“Here are your pills..” Her mother says handing her the pills she needed to take. To tame the worse voices of the six bad ones.

“I hate taking these pills.” Sasha stated holding the pills in her palm. She used her thumb to trail over the tops of them. She put them into her mouth downing them with water afterward. She shut her eyes tightly before reopening them.

“Finish up your breakfast and I will go get your birthday outfit.” Her mother say rushing out of the room as Sasha put a piece of the pancake into her mouth.

After she finished breakfast, she headed straight for the shower. Once she was out she saw the beautiful dress her mother had on her bed.

“Wow. Thanks mom.” Sasha said as she picked the dress up. She put it on and she fixed her hair. She picked her backpack up off the ground and she head to school.

At school, she saw Becky standing with a blonde girl. She didn’t want to interrupt their conversation so, instead of going to talk to her she walked past them.

“Hey, Sasha!” Sasha heard Becky yell and she heads over to them. Becky smiles as she makes her way over to the two.

“Hey, this is Sasha. The girl I was telling you about..” Becky says smiling and resting her hand on Sasha’s shoulder.

‘Go ahead, mess it up. You fucking screw up.’ the girl says with a wide smile on her face. Sasha stared at her until Charlotte snapped her fingers in her face.

“You okay?” Charlotte asked her and she nodded. Looking back to that same spot where the girl was gone. She shook her head and focused on the conversation.

“I’m Charlotte. You can call me Char. Whatever you’re comfortable with.” Charlotte smiled and Sasha smiled back at her.

“Well, let’s go inside.” Becky smiles as the walk ahead of Sasha. Sasha said her goodbyes to Becky and Charlotte and she opened her locker. Once she was done she closed her locker and got scared when she saw Bayley.

“Hey there.” Bayley smiled before nudging my shoulder. “Didn’t mean to scare you..” She say as Sasha calmed down.

“It’s okay.” Sasha answered and she heard a familiar voice behind her. She spun around to see no other than Sarah, Ruby and Liv.

“Hey fuck up, you got my money today?” Ruby asked and I spun around Bayley was gone.

‘Fuck up.’ the boy chuckled behind her. Sasha looked down at her feet.

“Why are you wearing this pretty dress, you’re still ugly.” Sarah shouted, startling Sasha before laughing.

“Where did Bayley go?” Sasha whispered to herself. Why does everytime someone else comes up and we’re talking she disappears? She should just mention if she’s scared... I am too. Sasha thought to herself before giving them her lunch money which Ruby yanked from her hands.

 Sasha thought to herself before giving them her lunch money which Ruby yanked from her hands

I did it. My work here is done!
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!
👏 I updated both books. Go me. ☺

- 💛🌼