**Chapter 18**

Chapter 18

Bythos' POV

"What do you want exactly?" I still couldn't believe he was doing this to us.

"We talked about this already remember? I want you to relinquish your position as the head of our family to me and I don't want to ever see you around the ocean again or I'll kill you on the spot. Also when I call on you I want you to answer immediately. You will do my bidding on land as my servants."

Looking back at Aphros I asked him silently what we should do. He simply nodded before speaking to Skye.

"We agree to your demands now can we please leave?"

"Tsk tsk...you think that I would just let you leave trusting your words alone? I have a contract for each of you to sign a long with my two witnesses." He continued while pointing to Aiden and his dad. He had really thought about this thoroughly.

"And then we can leave?"

"Of course..." he said in sickeningly sweet voice. I didn't like the way he sounded but I definitely couldn't do anything until Hermes got here with reinforcements. What? You thought we'd just come in here knowing that Skye had lost his mind without some sort of plan? You must be crazy!

Earlier me, Aphros and Hermes figured out how to stop all this craziness so that we could have Aiden and our brother back. We didn't hold any of this against him. He wasn't thinking clearly. See our kind thrive off of the energy we get from our soul mates, our other halves. No we're not like werewolves but the principle is pretty much the same.

Over the centuries that we've been alive if we don't find our other half we begin to lose it. We slip into a sort of depression where we begin to think that we'll never find them. Aphros and I were almost at that state where we would lose all grasp on reality. The only thing keeping us sane was each other. We fed off the hope that we got from each other. But Skye didn't have that.

So when we figured this all out we decided that the only way to stop all of this was to force the Fates to tell us who his soul mate was and for Hermes to retrieve him or her. I was hoping that he would be here by now but he seems to be taking his own sweet time. Guess I'll just have to stall.

"So...what you're saying is that if we sign this we become your slaves to do what you want whenever you want? What happens to Aiden?"

"Your little boy toy won't be my problem. Whatever you decide to do with him is up to you, now sign the paper." His arrogant smirk faltered just a bit as I kept up my stalling.

"So when we sign this you won't harm him at all?"

"I just said I wouldn't..."

"What about his father?"

"What about him?

"Will he hurt him after we sign this?"