Part One

Hi all! I'm back with another two shot and this one is courtesy of one of my readers 'TheClown' who came up with this great prompt of Max teaching El about pop culture, so I can't take credit.

So major spoilers for 80's movies!

As well as the beautiful friendship of Elmax, this story also has Mileven and Lumax fluff which I'm sure isn't a problem ;-)

It follows the timeline and canon characters of The Life You Deserve but you can read this as a standalone as it takes place a week after the Snow Ball.

Enjoy!

********

December 1984

It was a week after the Snow Ball and while El wasn't usually allowed to leave the cabin, today was one of the rare occasions when she was dropped off at Will's house whilst Hopper went to work.

These rare days of being with her friends was a highlight for El, especially because she got to spend time with Mike which didn't revolve around staying in the four walls of the cabin.

The party all gathered in Will's living room and got to work decorating his Christmas tree whilst Mike explained Christmas to El. She didn't particularly understand it all, but the idea of presents sounded fun.

"I promise next year when you're allowed out properly, I'll show you all the cool things about Christmas," Mike said sweetly, his eyes warm and loving as he laced their fingers together whilst their friends were busy arguing over tinsel and fairy lights.

El grinned bashfully at Mike, her cheeks pinking when he smiled at her like that, like she was everything. His words made her sigh slightly, longing for the day when she would be able to go with Mike into town or go over to his house which she missed more than she suspected was normal.

"I can't wait," she finally whispered, the yearning for freedom so evident in her tone.

"Me too." Mike replied in a small huff of frustration at not being able to go on dates yet with his girlfriend. They had only been official for a week, but he wanted the world to see the amazing and beautiful girl who had chosen to be his.

El frowned, hating to see the disappointment in Mike's face, it made her chest feel tight in pain. She reached up with her free hand and carefully lay her palm on Mike's cheek, he instantly leaned into her touch and his eyes fluttered closed.

"Soon." El said determinedly. "We will be able to go out soon."

Mike whined, "yeah, but when is soon?"

El bit down on her lower lip to stop herself from giggling. Mike sounded like...well he sounded like her. She was just glad that she had a better answer for him then what Hopper used to say.

"The summer. We can go out in the summer."

Mike's dark amber eyes opened, and he heaved a sigh, nodding his head slightly in understanding even though he shared her wish of wanting soon to be a lot quicker than the summer.

Mike raised his hand and placed it gently over El's which was still cupping his cheek. His thumb stroked over her skin gently and she felt a rush of love hit her heart, warming her body.

"We survived 353 days, I know we can make it six months. Besides we can still see each other all the time at the cabin and when Hopper brings you here." Mike reasoned, cheering them both up.