Chapter 15 - Never enough

Jason's words were still running through her head as Olena left the office. They were on their way to Patrick's office for the final review of the video.

Axel told her that they were meeting with Jasper, Haidee, and the editor named Guilly, and all Olena took note of was that Patrick's name was not mentioned.

She didn't know if she was happy or disappointed at the news.

They immediately got to work as soon as they arrived, and Olena concentrated on the task at hand, temporarily forgetting about her problems.

Work has always been her go-to remedy whenever life gets overwhelming. It always worked for her, just as it did now.

It was almost 7pm when they finished all the edits on the video. Most of it was just polishing as Axel and the rest already did a good job with the overall flow and visual effects.

Olena stood up, stretching her tired muscles.

"Thanks everyone! I'm really happy with how the video turned out."

Haidee smiled and nodded, but Jasper being his off-duty energetic self walked over to Olena and wrapped her in a bear hug.

"That's because you were a breeze to work with! I'm already looking forward to the next project with you."

"Uhm, shouldn't you be hugging Axel instead? Since he was the one who was mostly working with you all this time?"

"Axel my buddy!" Jasper turned to him and attempted a hug but Axel quickly dodged, making everyone laugh.

Jasper turned to Olena and pouted.

"You see? Everyone hates me," he told her while pointedly looking at Haidee and Axel.

"You're the only nice one around here so I'm sticking to you like glue," Jasper continued, throwing his arm around Olena.

They heard someone clear his throat by the door and they all turned around to see Patrick leaning casually at the wall.

"I thought you guys were working," Patrick said, addressing the room in general, but his eyes were on Olena.

It was Haidee who spoke up.

"We just finished. Do you want to see?"

Patrick hesitated then shook his head.

"No, that's fine. I'll get going then."

With a last glance at Olena, Patrick turned around and left.

Olena was quiet for a few seconds, trying to recover from the sudden flurry of emotions she felt when she saw Patrick. Her heart was still beating hard and she felt breathless.

Maybe because you weren't prepared for the encounter, she told herself. You were just surprised.

Jasper clapped his hands to get back everyone's attention.

"So, shouldn't we all go out to celebrate? It's Friday after all!"

Guilly, the editor, and Axel were all for it but Olena begged off.