Part Five

Hudson shifted his head back to the guard, who had already grabbed the bandages and was putting it back on top of the shelf. With one eye staring straight at the guard, and the other alightly drifiting to the pre-made backpacks, Hudson had to be quick with his ideas.

The guard shifted towards Hudsons direction, bandages in hand. The guard, gestured his head towards the chair. Hudson scrambled towards the wooden seat, and sits nervously.

"Leave your arm right there," the higger rank spoke as he place Hudsons arm on the table. Without further permission, the guard placed the bandage around his arm, until he felt it was good enough to hold.

Finishing up, the guard patted his arm, "There ye go."

Hudson stood as he nervously smiled, "Thanks.."

The higher guard nodded, and walked towards the door. Hudson noted that the guard would turn around in a few seconds, and that leaves very little time for him to grab the backpacks. His two eyes shifted, and he made a nervous squawk.

Hudson immediately tensed, as he forgets how loud he can be. His left eye darted towards the guard. He was still near the doorway, but the guard was looking at Hudson oddly.

"Aye, comrade. What's the problem?" The guard spoke as he stood there, eyes holding Hudsons one eye focused on him.

Hudson couldn't think of anything at first, eyes shifting, "I--", his voice broke out. Then, his eye darted towards his other arm. He forgot Elmarris claws dug into both of his arms.

"I need more badnaging," Hudson said, as he showed his unabandaged arm, causing the guard to sccury over at the sight.

"Yeesh. Couldn't wait to tell me til' I finished?" The guard gave Hudson a stern glare, to which Hudson shrugged. With a sigh, the guard turned towards the shelf yet again.

Hudson made a quick dash for it. He grabbed both bags, and sprinted out of the supplies area. He never turned, looked back, or even worried. All he needed to do was get out of the guard's quarts.

Meanwhile, Elmarri was running about her home like a mad cat. She grabbed hold of the small health potion vials, and bandages from her bathroom. She took hold of a few jars of food, all her vials of plenachum potions, and a bit of spare clothing. All of which could fit into her cross body bag snuggly.

She turned to leave and was greeted with the sound of yelling in the distance. She left quickly and ran towards the Kingdom entrance watching the sky. She attracted the attention of passers by. Many of them gossiping that Elmarri was a thief. Suddenly she was stopped by two other guards, right in front of the gate.

"Hold on there ma-am. 'Ere be you going?" The guard to the right asked. The guard to the left straightened his back and held his axe ready for battle. Elmarri's ears lowered, and her tail wrapped around her leg.

Without warning, Elmarri felt herself being lifted. Her eyes were shut, for the air was drying them at the rapid speed they were going. The sudden bursts of heat frighten her even more: fire arrows.

Hudson avoided the arrows as best he could, but still was struck with one. Luckily it was in his leg, so he could continue to fly longer. He wouldn't stop until the Kingdom was a mere speck in the distance.

The landing was rough, but Elmarri wasn't harmed and for that he was grateful. When he saw her scrambling for a health potion, he put up and hand to stop her.

"Don't, I'm fine," He reaches down and yanked the arrow out of himself, "the fire cauterized the wound." Still, Elmarri handed him the small vial of the blood red liquid.