Part Twenty

"I'm sorry, what-" Hudson paused, turning towards Cecily. "Did you just say, my friend, who just arrived here, is getting married to a stranger? Whom we just met?"

Cecily, glancing towards Hudson, smiled shyly, "Not exactly."

With that, she glanced at the sky, before turning towards Hudson, "We should explore the district. There's much there, and I wouldn't mind explaining the situation to you as we walk."

She smiled once more, before she turned and walked towards the shopping district. Hudson had one talon raised, before squawking and hurriedly met up by her side. Someone can't just walk off after saying something like that!

Cecily was already inside the district, as she awaited for Hudson to catch up patiently. Eventually, he caught up and was ready to give her an earful. Until, the sounds of laughter caused him to direct his attention towards it. He stopped his sentence, as he saw the scene before him.

The shops, as seen from earlier, were just as bright and colorful as they were. Compared to their old kingdom, these shops even had little flowers outside--blossomed and upright. The windows even had multiple items on display, with some of them being the same. These shops weren't dull in color or the same shape; all were unique individually.

Hudson stood there, a rare sight, with his beak dropped open. He paid no mind to the the woman beside him who was staring at him with soft eyes. She knew that, sometime soon, he would grow to love this kingdom after seeing just partial of its sights.

However, they had to continue onwards as they had a certain time and place to meet. Gently, she guided the star-struck male towards the colorful rows of the shops. Although Hudson was half-listening, Cecily pointed out the clothing, weaponry, jewelry, and much more shops as they walked side to side.

Surprisingly, Hudson managed to gather the information. Of course, he wasn't as willing to give up the...marriage part from earlier. His friend was just not about to be married to another different species right off the claw--they would have to get through him first.

Eventually, the two began to find a bench nearby the end of the shopping district. Both sat together, positioned in a way where they could see their skyline and the bustling people roaming about. They stayed quiet while the sound of chatter whisked away.

The peaceful silence was broken, being drowned out with the chatter and Cecily turning towards Hudson, asking, "I suppose, I owe you an explanation. I did say I would explain along the way, but..."

She softly glanced towards the shops, before glancing at Hudson, continuing, "I didn't want to ruin your small moment of happiness upon seeing your new home."

Hudson didn't say anything but rather nodded. Still in a rather-like peaceful trance, he gazed upon the scenery set upon them and watched the half-species walkabout. For once, he didn't feel as uncomfortable. Although, their appearances still make him feel odd.

"Perhaps, you had any questions before I begin?" Cecily broke his silence, bringing his attention towards her.

Hudson stared her down for a moment or so, thinking to himself of what he should ask. He glances towards the ground, before moving his look towards her again. With a small tilt of his head, he quietly asked her, "Why is my friend marrying your brother? They had just met not so long ago."