Part Eighteen

"What?" Both of them asked at the same time.

Cicely nodded, as she turned slightly away. Elmarri and Hudson turned to look at each other, surprise etched on their faces. They were expecting this to be the Kingdom of the Unknown--not some sort of mixture of chaos and mystery!

Elmarri frowned slightly, as she didn't know what to say. Throughout the whole couple of days, she has explored uncharted lands with her friend, aiming to find a place where there is no dullness, but still holds peace. But, if both of these kingdoms merged--then, how?

"How does the Kingdom even function?" Elmarri blurted out, as she faced Cecily.

Hudson gawked at Elmarri, beak wide open. He didn't expect her to say anything so brash!

"Elmarri-." Hudson quickly called out, as he stepped towards her.

Cecily, however, silenced Hudson with a gentle smile. Immediately, his beak closed and he stilled completely.

"It is fine. Most times, we receive the same reaction from the usual trailed." She says with a paw wave.

"However," she turned herself completely, facing them, "I am surprised you are not aware of how the two kingdoms merged. Does your kingdom not have the history of the Great Wars?"

Almost immediately, Elmarri shook her head, as she said, "Our kingdom never had a book of the Great Wars. For such a thing, it would be documented as a crime to even have one and would be something that broke the peace."

Cecily frowned, before she hugged Elmarri.

"It's a shame that your kingdom never shares the knowledge of this planet and destruction. But, that cannot be helped."

Letting go of Elmarri, Cecily took a step back and smiled softly once more.

"Let me share with you about the two kingdoms journey and its mergence."

Cecily informed the duo about the creation of the planet. It was made by the God Harstaphoclize, this being wasn't male or female, for it was not made for breeding, but balance. That is why the three kingdoms were made: the balance between what we know as order and chaos and between what we know in those kingdoms and the unknown of the third kingdom.

All of the kingdoms lived separately, but each provided an important piece to the world as we knew it. However, the Kingdom of Chaos had gotten greedy. They wanted to have more land, the royal family wanted more people to rule. They went to war, unplanned, unexpected as they did represent true chaos. It is unknown how, though it is highly expected because the Kingdom of the Unknown had a better arsenal and strategy, but a majority of the Kingdom of chaos was defeated before the rest of the kingdom surrendered. It is unknown if it was though studying the other kingdom, or curiosity, or maybe the Kingdom of Chaos simply gave into their new masters as they had lost the war, but it was the Kingdom of Chaos that ended up being emerged into the Kingdom of the Unknown.

"With the two kingdoms merging, a new understanding of balance appeared, and that is what you see here in the kingdom today," Cecily concluded, "We are the Kingdom of Fear....the source of the chaos within the unknown." She gives a warm smile, "But as you can see, we are nothing to be frightened of because the only thing to fear is fear itself."

Elmarri tilted her head, eyes squinted, muttering,"The source of the chaos within the unknown?"

Cecily nodded, as she explained,"Yes. Within the unknown, fear resides. But, simply not because of the unknown--but because fear is feared by itself."

Hudson gave a quiet confused squawk, not understanding her. How can fear even fear itself? It's not alive nor can it even feel. Jeez, this kingdom.

Elmarri nodded her head, silently. She, on the other paw, understood it. Cecily simply means that others fear the kingdom, even though the unknown is nothing to be feared of.

Or, she looked to the side, it meant something a bit more? To be honest, it was a little bit more deeper than she thought.

Hudson, still confused, akses, "But, how are the two kingdoms working together? Surely, chaos does not work well with the unknown."

"That may be true, however," Cecily continued, "despite our Kingdoms odd mixture; it still retains the balance from before."

She turned herself towards Hudson a bit more, as she explained, "The kingdoms of this world, whether it be together or not, must still be the way it was. Without balance, chaos would reign among all lives, as the orderly would take control, and the unknown becomes everything."

With a smile, she glanced towards Elmarri, who looked intrigued, "Hence, why our two kingdoms merged despite the former kingdoms reluctance."

Hudson spoke up, "Then, what about the Kingdom of Order?"

Cecily hummed at that, as she turned around completely and walked a bit forward. She stopped nearby one of the grand windows, as she looked outside. She remained silent as she gazed down on the people.

"Well?" Hudosn impatiently asked, who got a small whack from Elmarri in return.

Hudson squawked slightly, as he rubbed the hit spot. He narrowed his eyes at Elmarri, before glancing back at Cecily.

Cecily turned towards them slightly, with another graceful smile of hers, "Well, that depends. What do you two think may happen?"