Chapter 4

Panic filling every inch of his body, Virgil ran towards the kitchen as fast as he could. He dreaded to think of what could have happened to Patton. Maybe Deceit had already got to him and hurt him. Maybe he was too late. Maybe Patton was in serious danger. Desperately trying to push those thoughts out of his mind, he ran into the kitchen, his heart pounding and his breath disappearing.

"Patton is everything okay?" Virgil asked in a panic. As his eyes quickly darted around the room, he saw Patton crouched into the counter pointing to the floor and looking absolutely petrified.

"S-s-spider. I-it's a-a creepy c-crawly death d-dealer" Patton stuttered, trying to stay as far away from the insect as possible. Looking down, Virgil let out a sigh of relief. It was only a small spider and Patton seemed to be okay. Perhaps he beat Deceit after all. He couldn't help but quietly laugh to himself at Patton's reaction to the spider. He was so cute, even if he was scared.

"Do you want me to get rid of it for you?" Virgil asked with a soft smile. As Patton nodded, Virgil grabbed a glass and a piece of kitchen roll, trapping the spider under the glass and sliding the kitchen roll underneath it. He then quickly threw the spider outside and returned to Patton, holding his hand out for Patton to get down off of the counter. "It's gone now. You can get down" Patton took Virgil's hand and jumped off of the counter.

"Thanks Virge" Patton smiled, throwing his arms around Virgil and pecking him on the forehead before pulling away from the brief hug. "Right, I'd better get back to baking"

"Patton, don't you think you've done enough baking?" Virgil asked. He realised that this would be the perfect opportunity to distract him so that Deceit couldn't tell him his secret. "Don't you wanna, maybe hang out?"

"Are you sure?" Patton asked.

"Of course. I'd love to spend time with my boyfriend. Besides, anything to help you take your mind off of things"

"Okay then" Patton smiled, carefully removing his oven gloves. "Let me just wash up first. I'll be up in a bit"

"I'll help" Virgil offered.

"Oh Virgil, you're so sweet and helpful. I love you" Patton pecked Virgil on the forehead once more.

"I love you too"

Time skip

After washing up, the couple headed up to Virgil's room to watch a movie and just cuddle. Patton rested his head on Virgil's shoulder and Virgil ran his fingers through Patton's hair, calming both of the sides down. To Virgil's surprise, Deceit hadn't even shown up. Surely he was eager to tell Patton, right? As Virgil thought more about this, he began to panic and his heart rate increased, thinking of what Deceit could be planning and why he was taking his time. Since Patton's body was resting on Virgil's, he noticed the sudden change in heart rate and grew generally concerned for his boyfriend.

"Virgil, is everything okay?" Patton asked, his voice soaked in concern.

"I-" Virgil began before heading a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" He offered almost immediately, feeling relieved that he was saved by the door. Carefully moving Patton off of him, he sprung up and head over to the door, swinging it open. However, his face dropped when he saw Logan and Roman standing there, Logan crossing his arms and Roman holding tight onto the handle of his sword that he always kept by his side.

"Virgil, we need to talk to you" Logan told him and his next words made Virgil's stomach drop. "You've got a lot  of explaining to do"