Chapter 26

Mal has to be in pain to have that dagger tearing up his back. I can see it in his eyes. His eyes are in pain; I can see tears coming out. For him to have tears is very unusual. I believe he ushered tears when he told me about his son. For him to show emotions, this is a pleasure for me to see a demon wanting to act more human.

Noticing the dagger still in his back, I do not want to pay any attention to it, but to console Mal. Nonetheless, Mal is telling me something.

“Take it out!” He cries.

Heeding to that order, I pull out the dagger. Mal feels it coming out of him and screams a bit. “Sorry!” I yell. I hold onto the blade where I notice it has a very r-curve shape. There layered top of the metal blade is Mal’s black blood. I notice it has strange rune symbols etched on the handle.                

I drop the dagger to the ground and give my attention back to Mal. I lay Mal to my arms where he soon grabs my left arm. I look up to see where Aris is. I glance and then see Mal is trying to speak to me.

“I wish I could’ve helped you continue the fight.” He says very cryptically, sounding like he is really going to die.

“No. You’re not leaving me.” I say and turn my head back to see Desmond. “Do something!” I yell at him probably if he knows that healing charm. Desmond looks despondent and refuses what I just said.

“Desmond!” I yell his name again, yet he looks ahead with a stunned face. I notice Aris standing next to Asmodeus—both smiling.

What! That spineless backstabber of a demon; Aris betrayed me. He betrayed Mal. He stabbed Mal in the back…literally.

“You prick! It was you!” I shout at him.

“Sorry Caden, but I had to kill Mal after all he killed my older brother.”

“Mammon…he’s your older brother!”

“And I got my revenge.” He smirks off.

Asmodeus just standing there smirking; embracing my sorrow; then both of them flies off. Looking back down to see Mal, he is rarely breathing.

“Mal!” I continue, “Don’t leave me!”

He nearly closes his eyes, but I can still spot his pupils. I really do not want to see him die. This cannot be happening. Mal soon places his right hand over my face. Feeling the warmness in him turning into cold. He looks at me kind of strange.

“I can see his eyes in you.” He says as his breathing is fading.

“Dantailon. My father” I reply.

“Yes, your father.” He says.

“Please Mal, not now.” I cry as I begin tearing up.

“Thank…” He pauses, “Thank you for making me feel like a mortal.”

“No!” I exclaim.

Almost showing a smile, his blood is covering his mouth as it looks impossible for him to bring a smile. However, that is what Mal is. A hard headed being who just cannot smile fully. Sometimes he smirks when I get things done in training, but nothing else.

“Remember Caden, you…” He pauses again as his breathing is declining rapidly. “You are in control.”

That has been my motivational push for me to continue the fight. Not only against Asmodeus, but as well my demonic side. I’m in control

“Take control!” He shouts out. Out of the blue, his eyes closes completely shut. Whatever weight he had on his body, I can feel him losing his balance and slumps.