Chapter 1

Chapter 1

        "It really sucks that you're moving." I whispered. It's 2 o'clock in the morning. 

        " Ry, don't change the subject. What is going on with you two?" Evan asks. Evan has been an amazing friend to me since I lost all my friends. During the middle of our senior year of high school, we became super close. Recently, my boyfriend, Jake, and I have been distancing ourselves away from one another. When we do talk, it's more of yell really.

        "I don't know.." I choke.

        "Rydel. You need to get out and have some fun. Get your mind off things!" Evan has always been a partier. I could just sense the excitement in his voice.

        "Fine! What do you suggest?" I roll my eyes.

        "Well, you gotta swimsuit?" He snickers. I glance over to my window and can just see ice forming around the edges.

        "What the hell are you planning?! It's 40 degrees outside!" I slap my forehead.

       "Trust me. I'll be over in 5 mintues." He hangs up. I shake my head laughing. Knowing him, he'll be over in 2 minutes.

I yank my swimsuit from my dresser and throw it on. My teeth are already chattering and my nose is running. Grabbing my sweater and some jeans off my bed I run to the bathroom to throw on some make up and fix this blonde mess that I call my hair. Right as I finish brushing out my hair, I hear my door open. I always forget Evan has a key to my house, scares the shit out of me every time. He walks in with no words, but with a wicked smirk on his face and throws me a flyer.

My jaw almost snaps in half.

        "EVAN! We are going to Sam Franklin's party?!" I scream and attempt to throw the flyer at him, but to my luck it does a loop in the air and lands in the sink.

        "Uh, yeah! It's in a fucking 3 story plaza with an indoor heated pool. Hell yeah we're going! By the way, you look HOT." He nudges my shoulder and I roll my eyes. Well, that explains the swimsuit deal.

10 minutes later, Evan and I are in his ugly bright yellow jeep wrangler on our way to Sam Franklin's party. Sam was the guy that all the girls crushed on, no matter if you were single or taken. He was HOT and POPULAR. Which terrified me. I know a lot of the people he hangs out with, but the last thing I want to do it party with them..especially in a swimsuit. We pull up to the plaza and it's giant. I have to roll down the window in the car to even see the top of the building. Leave it to the rich kid to buy out the place for a night. 

The moment we park I get insanely nervous. I can feel the bass of the music from the parking lot. Evan walks me up to the front. The doors are 10 feet tall and glistening with a gold metallic look. I guess I was too amazed by the door to realize Evan had already started walking.

"Ry!" he yells holding his arm out to me. I secure my grip around his arm, my nervousness increasing with every step we take.

"You brought your swim suit right?"

"Yeah.." I slowly start taking off my sweater and jeans. When suddenly I hear someone yell, "Throw blondie in!" I can practically feel my eyes pop out of my face when I feel two giant guys in which I have no idea who they are, throw me into the pool. As I land into the pool I hit my face against what seems to feel like a brick wall until I opened my eyes to see it's actually Sam. Fuck me. Red is floating in the water to the right of me. Putting my hand up to my face I notice my nose is bleeding.