Part 3

Hepatica Path (Part 3)

It had become painfully obvious that the ash blonde was more than a little distracted tonight. He had barely said a word, let alone a swear word and seemed to be focused somewhere else. His fingers tapping against the table, bits of yellowing and browning occurring on the white tablecloth underneath where his fingers would touch.

"Katsuki!" The older woman in front of him called, bringing the boy out of his distracted state. "Jesus, your food is getting cold."

"Yeah yeah..." He mumbled, shoving whatever high-grade Italian meal he had ordered into his mouth.

Mitsuki sighed, looking towards her husband who was taking a sip of the white wine he had gotten with his meal. Masaru seemed to be in a better mood than either his son or wife, but it also might be because he was much more level-headed and patient than either could be.

Bakugou took another few bites of his meal and then took out his phone. He gritted his teeth and shut it again. The device was slammed onto the top of the burns he had made on the table. He sighed again, twirling the fork between the noodles as he thought.

Mitsuki sighed, looking at her husband who merely nodded back at his wife. Their son was acting off... terribly off. He never seemed this distracted or impatient before... unless you counted his anticipation when he used to watch All Might's fights as a small child.

But this current state was not any simple childlike worry for their favorite hero to win, no this seemed as if he was feeling an emotion he wasn't completely familiar with. The impatient movement of his fingers and the darting eyes to his phone was strange. Was he expecting a call? No... he hardly ever told anyone when his birthday was... this had to be something else.

"Are you waiting for someone to call you?" Mitsuki rose a brow, her son immediately coming back to the present.

"None of your damn business, old hag." He retorted.

"Well... if it's not important... then how about your present?" Masaru tried to move the conversation away before a fight broke out between the two.

"Present?" Bakugou snorted. "I'm 17... I don't need any shit gifts from my parents."

"How about you open it first and then tell us that." His mother chuckled, already having a feeling her unruly son would be eating his words.

Masaru presented a large but flat like box. It was wrapped in plain red paper with a black silk bow on top. Always the one to make a good presentation... that was just how his dad rolled... and one of the few dominant traits Bakugou had received from him.

"Go on, open it and be grateful for once in your damn life." Mitsuki teased, ignoring Bakugou's glare as he undid the bow on top.

His parents watched with calm eyes as he opened the box, peering inside to see a black top with a large orange X spread across the chest. Bakugou blinked, taking the sweatshirt out and taking a long look at it.

It was mainly black, aside from a few different colors and details. Firstly the large orange X he had first seen, and then was the matching orange bands around the lower upper arms and then the green area near the wrist and elbow. It looked... it looked just like his hero costume.

"The hell is this?" He asked, undoing the zipper and touching the fabric inside.

"Well..." Mitsuki tapped Masaru's leg excitedly. "We knew you didn't want anything this year... but we couldn't just get you nothing."

"You've grown a lot in the past year too..." Masaru sighed. "So we wanted to give you something to show that you'll always be our favorite hero, Katsuki."