Part 5

Hepatica Path (Part 5)

(AN- Anyone spoiling the story at any part will have their comment deleted. Spoiling the story for other's isn't cool, and it's kinda upsetting to have to address this in the first place since it's started to appear in this book as of late. Reading the story and finding out the reveals yourself provides a much more enjoyable experience. So please don't ruin the story or the fun of reading for yourself and others by spoiling. Enjoy the read every one.)

"There are memories that time does not erase... Forever does not make loss forgettable, only bearable." - Cassandra Clare

The sounds of an explosion blew out your ears for a moment. The loss of sound making you temporarily hear nothing that was around you. It was obvious that something like this would happen when such a loud sound goes off so close to your ears.

But what didn't dull at this moment was the sensation of touch. Your entire body having been heightened after the needle was pushed into your frame and now the feeling of something going into you made the entirety of your stomach drop.

It all happened so fast after that. You felt as if your body had frozen over, despite a powerful bursting of heat that came right above you. A loud and painful cry and then someone grabbing onto you and tearing you away from the other set of hands that had been holding you.

Bakugou crashed harshly into the ground a few feet away from the woman. Your body cradled close to his, unscraped like he was due to his quick thinking to shield you. His arms and back were cut up from the skidding, but his eyes were not focused on that.

Glued onto your form and with a swift motion, he tore the empty canister from your neck. The little glass capsule cracking on the ground once it met it. The only thing leaking out was a droplet or two of that black substance.

And he knew damn well that the midnight liquid hadn't fallen out... no. It had gone into you... and now... now he might have truly messed up. But he wasn't damn finished yet. He didn't sucker punch that bitch in the face with an exploding palm to lose you now!

He adjusted himself to help you up on your feet once more, gripping you tightly and observing your form. You looked normal... human... nothing sprouting out of you like you had said would happen.

But you looked so scared, with wide and shaky eyes the size of saucers and skin as cold and pale as a vampire or something else undead that was icy cold. His fear gripped him, trying to not think about how he had failed.

This woman was still in pain, on her hands and knees screaming. He needed to move, get you to move! Get some help or something! This was not the end! He would damn well rather have it be him who gets turned into one this those things than you!

Bakugou's voice found him once more, the harshness he was accustomed to shining through as he finally began to speak to you. The tone in his yelling desperate and worried, if not already pissy and ticked off more than he or anyone should be.

"Are you okay!?" Bakugou screamed, supporting you on him. "Hey! (Name)!"

Your head spun, a feeling in your neck making you break out into a cold sweat. Your eyes blurring and fading by the second as your knees become weak having to only rely on Bakugou for support. And then suddenly without warning and with a violent noise leaking from your mouth, you broke away from Bakugou and fell to your knees.

Your mouth opening to release a stream of black sludge from your mouth and onto the cracked flooring below. Your stomach feeling like it would come out as well. The icy coldness that had started turning into a burning fever that gripped your entire being. And as you laid there looking at the black droplets falling out of your mouth... you couldn't believe you were alive.