five more days

grayson:

"get the fuck up." i was woken up by a deep voice. i opened my eyes and saw my roommate standing there with a bat. "w-what the fuck? bro-" i backed up. "just kidding, haha!" he laughed, throwing the bat down on the floor. i widened my eyes and sighed in relief. this people are messed up. just like me.

he got up and went over to his side of the cell and sat down. i sat up and stared at the floor. minutes passed, the guards finally came over and forced us to the cafeteria. i stretched and walked out the cell, following my two roommates.

i sat alone at my table, as usual. but instead a girl that looked around my age, sat down across from me. i looked up from my tray and looked at her. she had brown ombre hair, green eyes, and full, pink lips. she weakly smiled at me while biting into her sandwich. i looked away and continued eating my grilled cheese. 

"hi, i'm jules." she spoke out of no where. i looked up at her and nodded my head. "grayson." i responded. "nice to meet you, grayson." she said so casually, like we just met at a coffee shop. "yeah, you too." she kept on staring at me, like i was a puzzle piece.

"you know, grayson. you don't look like the type of person to be in a mental hospital." she said. "looks can be deceiving." i ate some of my mushy, half-browned grapes. "you're right. but anyways, why are you here?" i looked up at her with a, "are you serious?" face then shook my head. "and why do you care?" i responded coldly. she shrugged then looked down. "everyone is here for a reason, why keep it a secret?" i thought what she said was completely stupid, so i just rolled my eyes.

"i'm here for a suicide attempt and depression. isn't so easy." she bit the inside of her cheek. i didn't want to say "me too" or "oh i'm sorry about that" because it was useless. i just nodded my head and continued eating until the bell rang.

"looks like it's time to get back to our cells. bye, grayson." she waved. i faked smiled and put my tray away.

-

as i was walking to my cell, i realized the same girl was following me. i turned towards her.

"what the fuck do you want?" i spit. "w-what? i'm going to my cell." she jumped at the sound of my harsh voice. i entered my cell, but she followed me. right behind me.

"this is my cell." she awkwardly said. i rolled my eyes then sat on my bed. "that's fanfuckingtastic." i sarcastically grinned. she sighed and sat on her bed.

"i know this isn't the place to make friends. i've already learned that. but i really don't want to stay here for 10 years, alone and lost. can you at least tell me how things go here? i'm new." she gulped.

i looked up at her and then looked back at the ground. "just don't talk to people. simple." i groaned. "well you s-see, that's kind of hard. i'm more of an out-going person, talkative person. you know?" she explained. i knew she was looking at me, but i didn't want to make eye contact with her. i assumed she was just as crazy as the others.

but part of me didn't think so.

"then sure, go ahead, talk to the crazy psychos here and get harassed. not my business." she didn't speak back. i lied down in my bed, trying to fall asleep.

i thought about what i was going to do when i get out of here.

when i go home.

forever.