three more days

grayson:

i woke up from the sun shining through the small, barred window. i stretched my muscles, looking over at jules. she looked down at my abs, then back at me and blushed. she looked away and pretended that never happened. i chuckled quietly and got up, putting my shirt back on.

"morning." i said. "good morning." she didn't make eye contact, she must've still been embarrassed.

"how are you feeling?" i asked. "pretty sad. how about you?" "i'm doing alright i guess."

i must've woke up later than usual, because the guard was already outside our room waiting for us to walk to the cafeteria. i got up, but jules didn't. once again.

"uh, are you coming? you didn't eat yesterday.." i said. she stuttered until she came up with an excuse. "don't really like the food.. haha." she faked giggled. "yeah... okay. i get it." i smiled and walked out to the cafeteria.

i got back and saw jules sleeping, again.

i'll admit, she was cute. but i don't know if she's my type. i really don't want to say i met the love of my life in a mental hospital.

plus, i get out in three more days. thank god. she just came here, so even if i did fall for her, it wouldn't work out.

i sat down on my rigged bed as it creaks. i ignored it and pulled out a book, reading it until randy came back in from breakfast.

"hey big boy." he laughed. "what's up.." i stared down on my book. "nothing much. just checking out jules. she has an amazing body, am i right?" he smirked, looking at her. i grunted and looked over at jules, who was still peacefully sleeping. not knowing there was a pervert watching her.

"uh, yeah. but you should stop looking at her like that. it's even making me uncomfortable." i rolled my eyes. "huh? and if i don't, what are you going to do about it?" he continued to stare down jules. "you'll figure it out if you keep on going, pal." i sarcastically smiled. "oh really? well i really want to know!" he smirked, with a smartass face.

jules moved a bit, causing us both to look over at her. i didn't want her to wake up in the middle of this argument, but at the same time i did.

she was still asleep.

i rested my book on the floor and laid down. for some reason, the way randy looked at her body like that.. it made me uncomfortable. but not just uncomfortable,

maybe even jealous.

-

"oh my god, grayson."

"what?" i snickered.

"don't say that! t-there's something wrong with her! mentally!" she tried to keep in a laugh.

"yeah, no shit! but there's something wrong with all of us, am i right?" i smirked. "yeah, sure."

we sat there in silence observing the crazy people around us. screaming and fighting, what's new.

she looked over at me and smiled. "how come you got so comfortable with me? just yesterday morning you seem to hated me." i thought for a second. she's right. i got so comfortable with her and i just met her.

i pursed my lips together. "uh, well to be honest, i don't know. i guess once i found out you were a pretty decent human being and not a screaming woman psycho, i got used to you."

she nodded her head. "yeah.. cause i totally didn't look like one yesterday.." she looked down. i looked over at her. "jules, you're here for a reason. because you're not okay. i'm not okay either. just because you had a panic attack doesn't mean you're a psycho." i laid my hand on her shoulder.

she smiled to herself. "i guess so." i removed my hand from her shoulder and saw her smile faded. "well, i'm going to go throw my tray away. see you in the room." i got up and put my tray in the trashcan, walking back over to my room. i saw jules in the room, but so was randy. randy was holding her wrist, but once i walked in he let go.

he walked over towards me and smirked. he was 6'4, so he was just a bit taller than me.

"what were you doing?" i looked behind randy, seeing jules with an uncomfortable face from the touch randy left her.

"nothing. not your business." he grunted. "well, i do stay in this room... with you two.. so i think it would." i said. "if you were going to hurt her, don't even fucking try." i raised my voice. "oh what? you two are a thing now?" he chuckled. i paused for a moment and rolled my eyes. "no, but just because we're not doesn't mean you can just go ahead and hurt her. fucking dumbass." i passed him, shoving my shoulder into him. i walked over to my bed and rested my head on my hands.

"thanks, grayson. i don't even know what the fuck he was doing. he just grabbed me." jules whispered to me. i nodded my head. "it's fine. if he does anything, let me know." she smiled and nodded her head, walking over to her bed.

i looked at the time on the alarm clock next to me. 10:34pm. i should probably get some sleep.

i laid down and rolled over, closing my eyes. until i heard jules voice.

"night, gray."

gray.

that's what my brother used to call me.

it took me a while to respond from the thoughts that ran through my head. "g-goodnight, jules."