2

"Soph!" Arya screamed hugging me from the the back. But as soon as she saw my face she took a few steps back and apologized, "I'm sorry, I mistook you for a friend, she has the same bag as yours."

I definitely did look really different, I had lost a fuckton of weight, becoming nearly half of my original size, died my hair platinum blonde, chucking my earlier plans for dirty blonde. My cousins even gave me a crash course in the art of makeup. I swear to god, we need, need a college degree or something, it is next level fucking hard.

"Arya, it's me Sophie."

"No. Fucking. Way."

"Yes. Fucking. Way."

Arya still looked at me in definite disbelief, it kinda hurt, but I couldn't really blame her, I lost 43 kilos. Right now I weighed a mere 49 kg with a height of 169 at the age of 17. Which is wayyy below my ideal weight which should be somewhere in the 50s, I think.

"You're... You're... completely different. It's like... you're a different person. I don't even recognize you anymore."

"All the power of exercise and dieting."

"You look fucking gorgeous, you're gonna give Pari a run for her money." Arya said, referring to Pari Howard, an Pakistan-America girl, basically the sweetheart of the school.

"You know, I had to go shopping, none of my old clothes fit me anymore, you know?"

"I can see why, and so will they." She referred to all the people standing near the school parking lot.

To be honest I was scared, scared as fuck. I felt like a new girl, my best friend for life didn't recognise, then which one of these complete strangers would?

No-one would.

"A crop would actually look good on you."

"I feel uncomfortable in those, they show a bit too much skin."

"That's the whole point, darling. Oh..... do you have like starch marks or something?"

I shook my head, "I worked out to loose weight, didn't completely rely on diet, so no stretch marks."

Arya nodded, blinking at the new information, "I still can't believe it's you."

I just laughed in reply, what else was supposed to do? "How was your trip home?"

"Well, there's nothing special about India, it's still boring as hell." And she started ranting about how she had met her family and on and on and on.

"It's kinda sad we're in different streams, I wanted us to be in the same class so bad!"

I had chosen to be a science student while Arya decided that it was humanities that does it for her, resulting in us being in two different classes other than English, which we had together.

For some reason I felt like everyone was staring at me. I felt uncomfortable, I had preached that I was a person who was comfortable in my own skin and loved my body but then I was the one who changed so very drastically.

The first period was biology, so that meant that Arya wasn't there with me, that meant that I was alone.

I walked into the class, taking a seat in the last bench. Someone was sure to ask me to get up. Backseats are in high demand in each and ever school.

But nobody did, surprisingly.

"Hi!" Pari smiled, "You're a new student? I'm Pari Howard."

"I'm not new, I-I'm Sophie. Sophie Spiers."

The brunette stared in surprise, completely stunned. Pari was a really short girl with chocolate brown haired girl, her complexion was really pale but what made her stand out were her beautiful eyes. They were greenish-grey, almost kaleidoscopic, combined with her small slender body she was easily the prettiest girl in the school.

"Oh my god! Sophie! I'm so sorry I didn't recognise you! You look... different."

"Yeah, I lost weight."

"Yeah, you look pretty... umm... prettier."

Liar.

"The doctor said I was overweight so...." Shit, Why did I lie, now I'm the liar. It's better actually when you think about it, I did look kind of overweight so they might believe it, might.

"You're okay, now?"

I nodded, while smiling, I was anything but okay, I was puking out anything heavy.

"You look.... healthier."

I smiled again, "I feel healthier." I knew that it was a lie even as I was saying it. And as much as I loved Pari she was trying too hard with her words, being really selective and trying hard too not to say anything to offend me.

And thankfully the teacher walked in and she has to return to the seat, right next to me. So that saved us from any awkward conversations.