3

"Soph!" Pari waves from outside of school, recently we were closer. Pari was really friendly and nice ever before but now she was well... nicer and friendlier. What threw me off was that with her was Catherine 'Cate' Addams.

"Pari, hey, who were you waiting for?"

"You silly, come on, let's go." She gave a gummy smile that made her look like a small doll. "You know them, right? This is Cate." The brunette winked as Pari's gentle fingers caught hold of mine as we walked forward.

"Actually, I needed to wait for Arya."

This didn't throw Pari or Cate off but she smiled more, "Yeah, how long have you and Arya been friends?"

"I really don't know, I know I've seen her ever since I could remember." I laughed, we had been friends for a very long time. Arya's family (according to her) had moved here for a very long time, but she visited her roots very often.

She loved India bit was... well.. too stubborn to accept it, she had gone through a lot of bullying as a kid for bringing her (delicious) food from home. So for some reason she developed this small hate towards it.

"Say, Soph, how tall are you actually?" Cate said, almost scaling me up, I mean I was pretty taller than most girls in my class including her even through she was in her trademark high heels.

"I'm went to the doctor a few days ago, I'm actually 171."

Pari pouted, "Luckyy, I'm 158. Too short."

"I can see that."

And she gave me one quick punch in the stomach teasingly but it hurt for some reason. I didn't act on it.

Before I even recover from the punch I was tackled from behind by a cannonball named Arya.

"Phi!!" The black haired shouted but then gave a surprised look as she saw that I had company, "Hi, Pari, Catherine, Layla." They all smiled back and Layla waved.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Pari and I are in the same streams so she was waiting for me."

Arya smiled but widened her eyes to show her surprise, "Well, had breakfast? What delicious dish has your mom invented now?"

Before I could even answer, Pari let go of my hand, "My friends are calling me. Bye Soph, Arya." She smiled and the rest of them followed towards the group of girls and guys who had been gathered together.

"Bye darling," Cate winked and smiled before walking slowly, not running like her kinda hyperactive friend.

"Well, my mom made some sort of curry and Ommurice or something. Something Japanese based."

She let out something that was close to a moan, "You are so lucky to have a chef as your mother."

My mom, Daphne Spiers, was a chef in a 4 star hotel my dad works as a manager in, meaning we weren't rich but pretty well off enough to have a comfortable life.

"Was it as tasty as ever?"

"Yeah, even before eating it I could tell it was tasty."

I lied, why am I lying so much? Especially to Arya. I didn't eat it even though it looked delicious, I didn't feel hungry.

"This is my stop," She stopped in front of her history class. "Take care soldier."

"Don't die in battle."

An inside joke, Arya's dad worked in Air Force as a pilot so every once in a while we had fun about it.