0.14: supposed to be me

[ running up that hill - placebo ]
14 | STAY HERE, DON'T MOVE, BE SAFE

"but if he killed my sister, and something does go wrong," with clenched teeth i balled my fists at my sides feeling a slight prick as my nails made themselves comfortable.

       "he won't be receiving a get well soon card, he will be receiving a pu—"

the sudden chiming from next to me sent my skin crawling, the feeling of instant terror replacing it, back and forth my thoughts running off course, a hollowness plummeting through my chest.

       i've convinced myself that i've got no choice other than to let the pain in, as we're all just stuck in one place trying to figure out what's its going take to stay alive.

i didn't choose for the simple vibrating of a phone to shatter my bones and turn the beating of my heart into shards.

       i didn't ask for my mind to turn into monsters with fangs and claws that liked to force the pain up my throat, the shock sending some from my eyes.

i couldn't trust anybody, not even those closest to me as i often played a game in my mind to see who'll be the one to keep me sane.

       with my shadowed thoughts splattered across the walls i watched what was left of my sanity, drain itself from my fingertips.

a small hiccup escaped my lips, while emma uttered something inaudible. brooke jumped reaching over to grasp her phone.

       after her brown eyes scanned the message she placed the screen against her white jacket secretively, "when this is over we need a spa day."

the slow beating of our hearts began to perturb through my ears, a light rosemary scent bled over my body as it emitted itself from the small defuser sat on the front desk; radiating against my skin i allowed my eyes to slowly flutter shut pushing away reality.

though as soon as they opened i began to twist my fingertips around the hem of my shirt, words of fear hanging from my lips as subtle breaths slowly but quietly blew them out. but the unspoken ones wanted to cry out in the agonising emptiness.

the petite blonde turned her head so it was resting awkwardly over her shoulder, with hair falling over her cheekbones, "oh um, it's my dad."

       shaking her head with a forced smile, she pushed herself from the padded seats and gradually walked towards the double doors.

linking my arm with emma's air blew from my mouth my head falling upon her shoulder delicately, "i promise everything will eventually be okay."

       the blonde soothingly spoke rubbing the pad of her thumb along my arm, though her shoulders slumped beneath me a small sigh falling from her lips.

"i keep telling myself that too," speaking breathily my thumbs began fiddling with each other, as i watched them run circles around each other, though my eyes were drawn to riley as she entered the room once more a water bottle in hand. "riles talk to us."

the girl merely rolled her eyes in response bringing the bottle to her lips, desperately clutching the cap within her palm.

       "what are you thinking," emma asked hopefully, that's when i realised how alike we are to magnets, pulling away from one thing only to be drawn towards another.

"besides tyler?" exhaling heavily at her words, i averted my gaze suddenly feeling my body run cold and not long after it tensed up.

       a sad look crawled upon her face though soon after turned into a nervous but unforced smile, "noah."