~Chapter 12~

The three turtles, along with Leatherhead and Pete were right across Shredder's lair. Raph took out his sai and was about to burst in the lair, but Donnie's hand stopped him, before taking any step.

"What are you doing Raph?"

"Going in, all blades blazing. Like we should've done weeks ago"

"But Leo specifically said not to burst right in"

"Yeah bro" Mickey added

"I don't care what Leo says! I'm goin' in!" Donnie was ready to protest but Pete joined to conversation.

"You know the recon fly-by? I'm the birdman for the job!" Pete said and walked over the ledge, managing to fly for a few seconds before he fell downwards. "Pigeon Pete's a goooo" All of them looked in terror but Pete soon flied towards the lair and finally crashed on a window.

They suddenly heard the doors smash and to their surprise, the saw Slash and Rockwell making their way towards an alley. "Rockwell! We gotta move!" Slash shouted at his partner running.

"They escaped on their own?" Donnie asked amazed

The two mutants were found on a dead-end, panting heavily and spotted footbots behind them. The bots slowly approached them, but the turtles charged and took them down. Slash dropped to his knees and Raph ran towards him placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Slash are you ok?"

"Raphael..."

"What did Shredder do to you?" Leatherhead asked

"They don't look so good. We gotta get them back to the lair guys" Donnie proposed and they took off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they arrived at the lair, they set them down at the arcade game. Pete and Leatherhead were on the pinball, Mickey was hanging on the tire swing and the others watched over Slash and Rockwell. Splinter then entered the scene with two bowls of soup.

"Your escape was very fortuitous" Splinter said and handed the bowls to the mutants "Shredder is not one easily eluded"

"We're just glad you two are ok" Raph said and Mickey started examining them, hanging upside-down on the swing. "Are you sure? Cause something seems off about you two" he added and pointed his finger and Slash and Rockwell.

"They did do something to us" Rockwell said "Yes it's all coming back now. We were being experimented upon by Shredder" he added while gazing his reflection at the soup.

"Experimented on?!" Donnie asked in horror.

"He had these...strange little worm creatures and then...and then" Slash tried to said and clutched his head.

"Dude! Don't leave us hanging!" Mickey demanded, waiting for an answer. Slash growled and shook his head.

"Hm...let me get you some water" Splinter offered and Slash's eyes turned white. He got up swiftly and let a furious yell and before anyone could react, he stroke Splinter with his mace.

"Splinter!" Raph shouted and Slash roared at the turtles holding his mace above his head, ready to deliver a second hit at Splinter, who was laying on the ground. Before he could attack him again, Donnie and Raph jumped in the way blocking his mace with their weapons.

"This can't be happening!" Leatherhead tried to deny the situation.

"How could you Slash?" Raph asked

"Splinter...must be... DESTROYED!" Slash yelled and prepared for other attack, but only to be stop by Donnie's staff.

"We'll see about that!" Donnie yelled and pushed Slash backwards and Raph charged with his sai. Mickey jumped behind him and grabbed him from the head. Slash tried to shake him off and Raph grabbed his hand.