01.

it was your average day, his mother said. grey skies, harsh wind, and the first day of a new school year. yoongi had always trusted his mother to be his eyes for him, she was his eyes, she told him everything about the world he'd never seen and how beautiful it was. he clung onto her words because she was the only person he trusted. 

well, apart from a group of five boys. his bestfriends at school - the only ones who didn't shove him around in the corridors or shout horrible names at him as he tried to walk down the stairs.
his entire world.

as yoongi felt his way through the empty entrance of school, alongside park jimin, such a sweet and considerable boy who loved everyone he came across, he heard the familiar shouts of four other boys, just across the hall. yoongi smiled at the sound, and his smile deepened as jimin pulled him along the hall towards them. he felt their hands on him as they hugged, all discussing their summers, most of which they'd spent together in restaurants and stores, as teenagers didn't have anything else to do besides that and homework.

yet, one voice in the group he didn't recognise. a sort of rash voice, husky but it sounded happy, yoongi could tell he was smiling just by his tone. he heard the voice say,

"oh, seokjin-hyung, who's this?" and he felt a palm pat his shoulder hesitantly. 
"that's yoongi-" he heard his hyung's voice say, but was cut off by the stranger feeling all over his face and humming.
"what's the matter with him, hyung? his eyes are a bit... weird," the voice hissed out, and yoongi felt his smile fade.
"hoseok, don't be rude," namjoon said quietly, and the group broke out into whispering. 

"it's a bit hard to explain," seokjin said lightly, and he could tell by his tone he was frowning.
"i'll explain," yoongi said quietly, hanging his head as he could feel the burning eyes of "hoseok" on him. "it's simple really."

"i'm blind, hoseok."