Chapter Three

I awake to a knock on my bedroom door. I groan and get up to get it. I open the door and I see Bruce in his polo and navy pant outfit. "Bruce? Come in."
He walks inside and sits on the chair near my desk.
"Bruce, sweetie, what are you doing up?" I ask.

"I'm ready for our day out. Why aren't you ready, y/n?" I look at the clock and it reads 5am.
"Brucie, it's early, way early."
"I wanted us to get a head start." He pouts.
"Okay. Let me get dressed. Hmm?"
He nods and a huge smile grows on his face.

I soon get ready and called Carol to watch the kids. Agent Hill had a task today unfortunately.
"Thank you so much for doing this on short notice, Carol." I hug the blonde.
"Of course y/n. You know I'd give up my soul for you in a heartbeat."
Carol and I are best friends. What can I say? I'm very loved by everyone.

"Hello Bruce. How are you today?" Carol knees down to get to his eye level.
"G-good." Bruce blushed and stutters.
I give her another hug goodbye and walk out to my car with Bruce in hand. I notice my wheels are gone. "No, no, no, no." I groan in frustration and I notice Bruce starts to get a little twitchy. "Calm down, we're fine. I have a friend I can call." I soothe.

"Can we take the bus today?" Bruce looks up with a hopeful expression.
"Of course we can. Why don't we walk to McDonald's for breakfast while we wait for Scott, hmm?"
We soon arrive at McDonald's and Scott meets is there.
"Hey y/n/n." Scott smiles.
"Scotty boy." I give him a bear hug.

"I'll be able to get you car fixed by this afternoon."
"Ugh thank you!"
"Who's the kid?"
I look back to see Bruce struggling with the syrup pack. "Let me open that." I open it and give it back to him. "That's Bruce."
"As in Banner? Green guy?" Scott asks in shock.
"Yup. Didn't you hear about Tony's machine?"

"Yeah, But I thought it was a joke."
"Nope."
"Y/n, I gotta go potty." Bruce squirms.
"Oh okay, um, see you Scott."
I rush Bruce to the ladies room and wait for him to finish.
"So what are we doing today, Bruce?" I ask him as we wait for the bus.
"First I wanted to go to the science museum."

We spend the entire morning at the American Museum of Natural History. He has a big smile on his face. I bought him a telescope and a lego Jurassic World set. Luckily it's the team card and not mine. Fury is sure not gonna be happy. We walk around the block and decide to eat lunch at Shake Shack.

We then go to the library for him to buy some books. We take the bus back to the tower and I find Scott sitting on my car. "You are a life saver." I hug him.
"It was not problem. Those wheels shouldn't be going anywhere anything soon."
He shortly leaves and I thank Carol once again.
"Y/n they are so adorable!"
"Right? They should stay as kids instead." I joke.
"Uh yes. I'm late for a meet up. I'll see you later."

I close the door and see Bruce showing his telescope and LEGO set to everyone. They all notice me entering.
"Y/n, who's turn is it tomorrow?" Nat asks.
I once again reach into the box.
"Tomorrow belongs to...', I pull out a number, '6. Clint, you're up."
Clint jumps up and down as everyone else groans.
Later on when it's bedtime, Bruce hands me a note. A simple thank you and a heart leaves me with an amazing feeling inside.