Chapter 7

Your heart thudded uncontrollably as you were pulled along the corridor. It went quiet in the whole building as Baldi's loud footsteps hammered onto the marble floor. Everyone was scared of him. 

You watched as he pulled you into a classroom and shut the door. "What will we talk about?"

You pretended to place your hand under your shirt to itch a spot, but instead you switched on the microphone connected to your tracker.

"I was wondering why you were..."

"Protecting you? Easy! Its because I love you." He was incredibly bubbly for a man who murdered for a living. 

"But... why? You almost killed the principal!" Your voice raised slightly and you had to stand back, composing yourself.

"He TOUCHED you. NOBODY touches whats MINE."

His voice suddenly distorted into a low rumble of growling. You felt yourself shaking, and the sight seemed to calm him down.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). I'm incredibly protective." He raised a hand up to comfort you but you flinched away. 

The plan came to mind and you realized you needed to gain his trust. You held in a sigh and turned back, smiling. "It's okay. I forgive you."

Something in his eyes lit up as he seemed to smile. "Thank you."

"But don't try to harm people again!" You raised your head to him, cursing quietly at his height compared to yours.

"They'll hurt you-"

"Do it for me?" You gave him puppy eyes, and he seemed to melt with glee. "Of course. Anything for you."

Baldi lead you out of the classroom and into the cafeteria, where you took some food from the chef and sat down with him. There were a few other students around who all went silent as he entered. 

One boy approached you and shyly smiled. "Hello. You look new, would you like to sit with us?"

You stared, confused, before realizing it was a school and students DID go here, just like you did. You should act the part and make sure they trust you. Who knows? It might pay off.

"No." Before you could open your mouth, Baldi responded swiftly and shooed him off.

"Why'd you do that?" You frowned, watching the boy sulk away in defeat. 

"You are MINE."

"What about me? What if I don't want this...?" You watched as his wide eyes burned through your skull and they seemed to get wider by the second.

"Then I will just make you like me. Simple."

You huffed, looking down at your plate of food. "But... that isn't how it works!" 

He slammed his fist on the table, making you yelp. "You do what I say when you're in my school." 

You hesitated before nodding. "Fine."

Hey! Quick question: Would you rather the reader got closer to Baldi next chapter or continue to avoid him? I have a few roads this could go down but cant choose one!