6

The next day arrived quickly. I woke up at around 9am and already heard water running in the kitchen. I got out of my comfy blanket and couch and entered the kitchen.

Angela and Rebecca were in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

"Good morning Becca. Morning Angela.", I drowsily greeted.

"Morning.", Rebecca and Angela replied in sync.

I took out a plate, a fork and a spoon, and placed a sunny side up onto it. I exited the kitchen and began eating as soon as I sat on my couch.

A short while passed and Angela was also in the living room eating her sunny side up. The house was unusually quiet.

"Where is everyone?", I asked.

"Arthur and Damian went out to get a scar. You know, every time you achieve a part of your goal, you get a scar on your arm."

I nodded in awareness.

"Rose went out to get food. I believe Rebecca also followed her."

I took another bite out of the sunny side up. It was just the 2 of us at home. Maybe...

It was my chance.

"Angela, did anything happen with you over the past few days?"

Angela looked up in shock. She lowered her head and continued eating in silence, possibly avoiding my question. I began interrogating again.

"You were always super energetic in class, doing stupid stuff, now you are just... very solemn."

No reaction. Half of her sunny side up was done, and she began biting into half of that half.

Something is wrong.

"Angela, did anything happen between Emily and you?"

Her fork rested on her plate aggressively. She looked up again.

"What about Emily?", she answered.

I got her to speak! Finally.

"Well... I know you 2 are close. I thought you would be bringing her along with this excursion of ours. Did anything happen?"

More silence. Angela took another bite of the sunny side up and began chewing. She swallowed. And then she spoke.

"You want to know what happened between me and Emily?"

I gave my fullest attention.

Angela's shoulders slumped back.

"After I left the coffee-shop, which I heard you were involved with Josh as soon as I did?", Angela struck a question back. I nodded.

"Alright. After I left, I met with Emily. She... seemed off. I asked her if anything happened. She denied. I asked again, because, I knew something was wrong. She didn't say anything."

Oh boy...

"I grew more impatient. I grabbed her shirt and demanded her to tell me everything. She didn't want to say anything. She probably grew very impatient too."

This is not how I wanted it to happen.

"Then, I found myself up in the air. Her arm was aimed directly at me."

What? Telekinesis?

Angela finished up the remaining sunny side up on her plate. She chewed and swallowed it up swiftly.

"I was in the air helpless. People were around gasping and running away. I was kicking around but I couldn't do anything. Then, I just popped up my shield barrier. The telekinesis ray of hers was blocked and I fell to the ground."