7

10 days have passed.

Living in the same house. Eating the same food. Drinking the same water. Everyone doing the same routine.

Angela and Rose were probably out finding food again. Damian and Arthur doing what they have been doing and destroying and killing things. Both of them now have 5 scars each. Rose has 4. Angela, strangely enough, picked up another scar during the 10 days.

My sister has 3 scars as well.

Progress. I guess.

I grabbed my portable charger and walked out of the house. It was completely cloudy. The sun was not visible. 

I initially wanted to locate the 2 boys, but I had no clue where they would have gone. I forgot to exchange contacts with them too. Stupid me.

All I had was Angela's contact. Well, I guess I'll be doing that.

I dialed her number and waited for a response.

I got none.

I sighed. I called again. No response.

Where could they have gone? Then, the front door of the house swung open.

It was Rebecca.

"Oh, Becca! What were you doing?"

She had gloves on, strangely enough, and a pink beanie. It wasn't winter, so her fashion choice struck me as odd.

"Got changed and I'm going out to find more people to burn."

How on earth did she say that in such a calm tone...

I nodded.

"Do you know where the rest went?"

"Damian and Arthur went to a nearby park. That's what they told me. Should be somewhere east from here."

Without any hesitation, I darted off for the nearby park. All I could hear was screams of "hey!".

I ignored her shouts and continued my goal of finding the boys.

They shouldn't be too far off here.

A nearby park. What looks like a park?

I spotted a couple of trees and pavements. Maybe that is the park?

I searched for any clues of Damian and Arthur. Maybe a fallen tree? Or broken rocks? None of those here.

Then, someone speedily zoomed past.

It wasn't a run, or a sprint. It felt like a bullet train that narrowly missed me.

Confused, I looked at the direction of where the person sped off. I would have wanted to give chase, but I decided not to.

Then, a tap on my shoulder.

"MATT! What the hell are you doing here man?"

It was Arthur! Damian was behind chasing after Arthur, but...

He was in a bad shape. A cut on his left arm and a bruise on his forehead.

"I- No wait. What happened to Damian?"

Damian, panting and trying to catch his breath, replied softly.

"That man that you saw run past you just now... He's one buff man."

What? That man that sped past me? He did... all of that to Damian.

"You follow us or you don't follow us.", Arthur spoke to me. He alerted Damian to chase after the man.